Hello Guest, if you're reading this it means you have not yet registered. Please take a second, Click here to register and in a few simple steps, you will be able to enjoy all the many features of our fine community. Please take a few minutes and introduce yourself in the section for you to meet the members of our community.
To remove these and other advertisements, become a site supporter and donate.

Thread: Help will not go back together

1. #1 Default Help will not go back together 
    I just did a complete tear down and rebuild on my beetle. I now cannot get the motor/drive train back in. I bought some new parts to rebuild it with and this could have been the start of my downfall. I have a beetle FG, CY motor, complete Zenoah clutch kit, 6486 large alloy engine mount, 6485/1 small alloy engine mount. I am either messing up the order they go onto the motor or have one wrong part. The large motor mount will not go on parallel to the clutch assembly without a lot of shims.
    If somebody could take a picture of their alloy motor mounts for correct order of assembly that would be great. Or let me know if I have one wrong part? I could take a picture of what I have if it helps.
    This is the new clutch I bought from daves: http://www.davesmotors.com/store/product1251.html

This is the motor: http://www.davesmotors.com/store/product2009.html

Thank you in advance.

2. #2 Default  
    Are you using the original FG Clutch housing, or has that one also been replaced?

For FG Off-Roaders you need the original FG Off-road clutch housing, as that one is a bit special.

On My Leopard race the FG Alu Engine mounts fits perfectly. No shimming needed.
    Sorry, I am at work. no pictures available.

Happy Racing
    Jesper Rex, Nuuk, Greenland
    FG Leopard Race, 29cc race ported DDM SiKK conversion, Elcon'ized and Sensor'ized

3. #3 Default  
    here is a picture of the 8345 Clutch flange for 1/6 FG's

Help will not go back together

As you can see one corner has a different height.

Here is the one for Onroad cars:

Help will not go back together

You either need to use the Clucth flange from your original Engine, or you need to modify your new Clutch flange with a Dremmel.

Happy Racing
    FG Leopard Race, 29cc race ported DDM SiKK conversion, Elcon'ized and Sensor'ized

4. #4 Default  
    Thanks Rex, I think my old one was flat also? Do you know if the old versions of the FG's used to have the flat ones? Also, the guy I bought this one from was also an on-road guy he may have interchanged the parts and used on road mounts and clutch? I just bought the alloy mounts and the new housing. Will have to go by the correct clutch flange just to have everything right. I do not think that once you start dremeling away there would be enough material left over. Thank you again, I was searching the web for pics like that but could never find them.

5. #5 Default  
    As you can see on the picture, you need to remove around half of the material in the corner.

You also need to remove the material where you can see the hole in the Clutch Flange. That is to make room for the Engine mount.

Several of my friends has done it with success, and I found it to be worth a try, as the Original clutch flange is so cheap that it can only be given away.
    (new price US$ 4 at DDM)

If you want to order the part it has FG PN# 8345 Cost in Germany is around € 20 (Aprox. US$ 25)

I would try with a file or a Dremmel first then order a replacement if that fails.
    Last edited by Rex; 02-26-2007 at 07:58 PM.

Happy Racing

6. #6 Default  
    Just to let everyone know I dremelled out the clutch housing and it seems to work good. I have not run the vehicle yet but all parts run smooth together.

Thread Information