Hello Guest, if you're reading this it means you have not yet registered. Please take a second, Click here to register and in a few simple steps, you will be able to enjoy all the many features of our fine community. Please take a few minutes and introduce yourself in the section for you to meet the members of our community.
To remove these and other advertisements, become a site supporter and donate.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whats happening with my transmitter?

1. #1 Default Whats happening with my transmitter? 
    runwreckrepair Guest
    Hi Guys

I have been using the stock controller that came with the Baja but decided today to try and use my Gemini II controller cause its got a pretty lcd screen !!

I unplugged the crystal from the stock controller and installed into my Gemini II and the servo's on the Baja went absolutely bananas, twitching away like a mad thing that twitchs a lot.

I am so naive when it comes to electrics and all that stuff you cant see, so I would appreciate it someone could set me staright on this one.

Not sure if it helps but the batteries in the transmitter and the car are fully charged and checked

Cheers

2. #2 Default  
    is the new controler a 27 FM controler? the FM is key most 27 meg controlers are AM so these will not work with baja cristals

also are you implying that you changed the controler only? not controler and reciver? if so then thats your problem

THE ALIENS ARE TALKING TO ME THROUGH MY VERTIGO PARTS ! ! ! !

3. #3 Default  
    runwreckrepair Guest
    Hi Fergus

Thanks for the response
    All I did was take the crystal out of the stock controller and put it into the Genini II.
    My thinking was that as long as the transmitter and receiver were both on the same crystal then it would work.
    I didn't change anything else, should I have?

Live and learn, live and learn
    Cheers

4. #4 Default  
    although the two were on the same frequency diffrent manufacturers produce diffrent radio kits

say a transmitter that is made by X transmits messages that can be understod by the X reciver but these messages may not be understood by the reciver from H although they are both talking to each other on the same frequency one is speeking english the other is speaking yittish the reciver will pick up random bits of the transmition that it sees to be a comand and acts on it (this is what causes youre servos to "spaz out")

so change the reciver to a gemini II one and all will be fine
    also use the cristals that are from the gemini radio kit as i doubt it will be compatable with the bajas cristals as 27 FM is quite rare

5. #5 Default  
    runwreckrepair Guest
    Nice on fergus

Might be cheaper to get a bable fish.............

Thanks again, another thing to add to my already overloaded brain.........

6. #6 Default  
    Your Original Baja Controller which frequenzy is it on? (27mhz, 75mhz, 40mhz etc)

Your Gemini II is it using the same MHZ as standard?

Both need to be the same MHZ and the same transmission type, in order to make the change that you want possible.

Transmission type for crystal based radios is either AM(Amplitude Modulation) or FM(Frequenzy Modulation)

Some makers use their own special crystals, and won't work with crystals from other brands, this is OFTEN the case with FM based systems.

What this means is, that if both radios are the same frequenzy (ex. 40Mhz) an modulation(FM) but you get problems changing the crystal over, then you need to buy a Sanwa transmitter Crystal for the same channel that the receiver has.

There is still one aditional posibility for errors.
    Some systems(Producers) use Positive Shift signals, other use Negative Shift signals, and those are not compatible with each other.

From what I can find out, at least for 75mhz systems, Hitec and Futaba uses Negative Shift and Airtronics/JR/KO uses positive shift.

I have no idea what the Baja 5B RTR transmitter uses.

Happy Racing
    Jesper Rex, Nuuk, Greenland
    FG Leopard Race, 29cc race ported DDM SiKK conversion, Elcon'ized and Sensor'ized

7. #7 Default  
    runwreckrepair Guest
    I think the baja is on 27 and the gemini is on 40

I now think this is the problem...............still learning about these things :-)

I actually thought theat the pairing of crystals would overcome that problem but obviously not

Thanks for the post thou..........

8. #8 Default  
    the stock baja one is 27 FM
    its anoying becuase the only 27 FM cristals ive seen are made by hpi and noone seams to stock them. mainly becuase there are a grand total of 4 27 meg FM systems but countless numbers of 27 AM
    whats more anoying is that the FM and AM interfere with eachother

9. #9 Default  
    runwreckrepair Guest
    It all gets very complex, my driving is crap anyway, so for now I'll stick with the stock controller methinks..........................

10. #10 Default  
    Real Name
    Clayton
    There are 6 channel 27's available and the radios are Futabas so Futaba crystals should work.
    The crystal are probably expensive and not worth the cost.

Clayton
    Vertigo Performance

http://5thscaleracing.com/vb/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11&dateline=117807681  9
    Vertigo Easy Access Clutch Unit, The absolute quickest way to access the HPI Baja clutch.

Thread Information