Hello Guest, if you're reading this it means you have not yet registered. Please take a second, Click here to register and in a few simple steps, you will be able to enjoy all the many features of our fine community. Please take a few minutes and introduce yourself in the section for you to meet the members of our community.
To remove these and other advertisements, become a site supporter and donate.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: X-can

1. #1 Question X-can 
    i was looking at buying the x-can for my Baja what do you guys think about the x-can or should i get a different pipe

Love many Trust few do Wrong by non
    http://www.myspace.com/shortfuse206

2. #2 Default  
    runwreckrepair Guest
    I've just ordered an x-can with rear facing stingers so I hope they, someone, anyone, say's nice things about it ..........................

It came recommended by my club members in the UK.

Some have got the tuned pipes and some of those pipes sound like a nitrous bee on steroids..................

3. #3 Default  
    I like my xcan over stock. I put on long stingers so it exits behind the rear wing. I chose it just because it is protected so much. I have a tuned pipe on my FG and love the sound of it but they are much better protected on the FG's

4. #4 Default  
    Canada
    Real Name
    Mike
    Blog Entries
    I ran an X can for quite a few months, and they do work really well, and they are well protected too. I then started to use a DDM Dominator pipe and well...the difference is night and day. Now the Dominator makes the back end of the car a little bit heavier which can be a good thing. When jumping the baja seems to be a bit nose heavy as it is. Here's a couple of links of my baja when I was running my X can. It also had a 29cc at the time.
    X-can
    X-can

FG Leopard
    FG Monster Beetle 4x4

5. #5 Default  
    Real Name
    Clayton
    I had the X can for a year almost, I have gone to the HPI Pipe and like it more.
    The X can is nice but offers too much bottom end for my driving.

6. #6 Default  
    runwreckrepair Guest
    Thats good to know because our track in the UK really needs a lot of bottom end due to the design !!

Do you know if it makes any difference to the performance/back pressure if you add the 6" stinger pipes and chrome ends ?

7. #7 Default  
    will i have to tune the carburetor at all after i get the x can or any other pipe for that matter

8. #8 Default  
    Real Name
    Clayton
    Unlike a nitro very little tuning is necessary.. Always going to be some when changing pipes, just not too much.

long stingers will affect performance but that is something you are going to have to work out to meet your driving style

Even the HPI Pipe offers a ton of bottom end.

9. #9 Default  
    Just_Gerald is offline My whole life all I have ever hear is, oh.. it's just Gerald
    I have run the Stock, Stock Gutted, Jet Pro 2, Jet Pro 3, Dominator and Xcan

Performance from best to worst (bottom end torque)
    Dominator, X-Can, Jet Pro, stock gutted, stock

Top End Performance
    Jet pro 3, Jet pro 2, Dom, X-Can, Gutted, Stock

I now only personally run DOM for torque and JP3 for Speed depending on what i need for the day.

6 baja 5b's, many hopups (including VP extenders, spool, carbon, and anything else they come up with to make em better!)

10. #10 Default  
    last night i was looking around the net on stuff about the x can and the HPI pipe i found the HPI pipe for $90 with free shipping so i bought it. the x can is $80 at ddmracing.com and the hpi pipe is $120 at ddmracing.com on sale that is a $30 difference i could not pass that up

Thread Information