Hello Guest, if you're reading this it means you have not yet registered. Please take a second, Click here to register and in a few simple steps, you will be able to enjoy all the many features of our fine community. Please take a few minutes and introduce yourself in the section for you to meet the members of our community.
To remove these and other advertisements, become a site supporter and donate.

Thread: Un-anodizing, any ideas how do you do it

1. #1 Default Un-anodizing, any ideas how do you do it 
    runwreckrepair Guest
    Hi guys

Like the new painted chassis but i'm a polished aluminium man myself (plays havac at the airport)

Anyone got any ideas how to un-anodize.
    I'm sure I read somewhere that oven cleaner works but thought you guys would have a better solution (whats an oven ??)

Cheers

2. #2 Default  
    I'm not sure what products you have in the U.K but Lye is what I used.I found a great product called Drano kitchen crystals.
    You mix it up in a couple of gallons of water and simply drop them in watching them closely don't leave them to long or they turn black.The chassis takes a little more time but also comes off very easy.
    Most drain cleaners will contain Lye which is what your looking for.If you have a ceramic sink you can do it in that with no problems and it will clean your drains on the way down its a 2fer lol.Most use a 5 gallon bucket or the like.Wear gloves and don't splash the parts in.Also a small scrub brush will help move things along faster but this is a very fast method 30 sec-1 min in most cases and its all depurplefied...

3. #3 Default  
    Real Name
    Clayton
    Easy off Oven cleaner in the spray bottle works. Whats an over? (Oven the thing you bake in)
    The HPI purple comes off on about 15 seconds then I use a toothbrush to get any excess colour off.

Too long will make the part go white.

Never thought of using lye..

Clayton
    Vertigo Performance

http://5thscaleracing.com/vb/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11&dateline=117807681  9
    Vertigo Easy Access Clutch Unit, The absolute quickest way to access the HPI Baja clutch.

4. #4 Default  
    runwreckrepair Guest
    Hi Yamadude

Don't do a lot of cleaning in the kitchen apart from car parts.................so not sure about the Drano kitchen cystals.
    Wonder if it is the same a soda crystals???
    I'll get wifey to have a look in the shop for drain cleaner with Lye.............

Cheers

5. #5 Default  
    runwreckrepair Guest
    Oven ................bake.................no, you lost me there:p

Will ask wifey for further explantion.................

thanks guys.........................

6. #6 Default  
    Real Name
    Matt
    I used EZ-OFF oven cleaner on mine also and it took about 5 mins tops...But there is 2 different types of EZ-OFF the regular formula,and the LEMON scented use the regular it works beter(in the yllow can)

Thread Information