Hello Guest, if you're reading this it means you have not yet registered. Please take a second, Click here to register and in a few simple steps, you will be able to enjoy all the many features of our fine community. Please take a few minutes and introduce yourself in the section for you to meet the members of our community.
To remove these and other advertisements, become a site supporter and donate.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy midsummer!

1. #1 Default Happy midsummer! 
    The actual midsummer is a scientific thing. Putting that aside we, here in Finland are celebrating midsommer today. It goes back at least 5000 years.. (comes from pagan times)

Current version of that celebrating is that every Finn who can, leaves the town and goes to their summer cottage, sailboat, or just put a tent where ever they feel. (we can do that here) Idea is to get near the nature.

Integrated part of our celebrating is heavy drinking. That means that Carnivore is going to sign out for a few days..

I'm now on summer holiday and just wanted to tell everyone that I feel GOOD!

Lead, follow, or get out of the way

2. #2 Default  
    Real Name
    Clayton
    Feel good now, I can't wait to hear how you feel when you sign back in LOL!!

Happy mid summer.

Clayton
    Vertigo Performance

http://5thscaleracing.com/vb/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11&dateline=117807681  9
    Vertigo Easy Access Clutch Unit, The absolute quickest way to access the HPI Baja clutch.

3. #3 Default  
    Canada
    Real Name
    Mike
    Blog Entries
    Happy Midsummer Carnivore!

FG Leopard
    FG Monster Beetle 4x4

4. #4 Default  
    Happy Midsummer, Carnivore. It is the First day of summer today here in canada!!

Ken

5. #5 Default  
    same happy midsummer Carnivore... wish I could be there, guess I will have to do my own Midsummer here

6. #6 Default  
    Happy Midsummer, I guess this is the reason why IKEA is going me on the nerves with their Marketing spots on TV.

7. #7 Default  
    Whew! I guess I survived the midsummer celebration since I'm here again writing stuff.. But just barely. Abolutely no sleep, lots of 'beverage' and physical activities can drain your mojo.. Still somewhat hung over.. :(

I was camping with my girl. We were in southern Finland coast. I managed to find this perfect beach few years ago. By perfect I mean, there's never nobody there! We had that 1.5km long beach all to ourself! (Finns need their space you know.. )

That paragliding dude was the only people we saw on that day and he left in few hours because the wind went out. I guess people don't just know about that beach and that's how I like it.

Here's a few VERY bad guality pics about the place. I took them with my eons old cell phone and apparently the lens was also covered with dirt and fingerprints.

We are going next week to that same beach with better equipments if the weather allows. We are taking two baja's with us and who knows what else. This time there will be also a good camera and photographer.. It's time to put my sand paddles in action!

Some scenary
    Happy midsummer!

Paraglider
    Happy midsummer!

Happy midsummer!

Happy midsummer!

My girl had a big kite with her:

Happy midsummer!

When in hot conditions you have to take care of fluids...

Happy midsummer!

We burned a fire through the night, which by the way lasts 2 hours at this time of year..

Happy midsummer!

Lead, follow, or get out of the way

8. #8 Default  
    Canada
    Real Name
    Mike
    Blog Entries
    Looks like a good time! Hope you had a blast!!

FG Leopard
    FG Monster Beetle 4x4

9. #9 Default  
    Real Name
    Clayton
    I would have told that dude to get off my beach LOL!!!!

Clayton
    Vertigo Performance

http://5thscaleracing.com/vb/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11&dateline=117807681  9
    Vertigo Easy Access Clutch Unit, The absolute quickest way to access the HPI Baja clutch.

10. #10 Default  
    Looks like a lot of fun Carn!

Thread Information