Hello Guest, if you're reading this it means you have not yet registered. Please take a second, Click here to register and in a few simple steps, you will be able to enjoy all the many features of our fine community. Please take a few minutes and introduce yourself in the section for you to meet the members of our community.
To remove these and other advertisements, become a site supporter and donate.

Thread: My Baja is finally here...

1. #1 Default My Baja is finally here... 
    brianlt31 Guest
    Well, it arrived last wednesday. And after drooling over it for a little bit, I tore it down and sent the parts off to the anodizer. Got my parts back and now I'm almost done putting it all together. I had the chassis and bottom plate anodized Grey and all the other bits an Orange. I think it came out really good. Upgrades so far are a Jet-Pro V3 pipe, Rhino Digi 4 for steering and an Airtronics 94362Z for throttle/brake. I can't wait to get this baby fired up.
    Attached Images      

2. #2 Default  
    thats one sharp looking baja!

3. #3 Default  
    Mine should be coming tomorrow, I've been tracking on on Fedex's website (if it were a girl I'd be considered a stalker ), and it should be delivered tomorrow some time...I gotta take the day off from work though because the Fedex guy always comes around noon time when nobody is home.....I can't wait

4. #4 Default  
    When the "big box" arrives it's going to be like a second christmas for you.. Believe me, I know!

Quote Originally Posted by cmt56ss View Post
    Mine should be coming tomorrow, I've been tracking on on Fedex's website (if it were a girl I'd be considered a stalker ), and it should be delivered tomorrow some time...I gotta take the day off from work though because the Fedex guy always comes around noon time when nobody is home.....I can't wait

Lead, follow, or get out of the way

5. #5 Default  
    Real Name
    Clayton
    IS THAT A BAJA SS YOU HAVE THERE?? How did you get one?

Clayton
    Vertigo Performance

http://5thscaleracing.com/vb/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11&dateline=117807681  9
    Vertigo Easy Access Clutch Unit, The absolute quickest way to access the HPI Baja clutch.

6. #6 Default  
    brianlt31 Guest
    No SS. Just looks like one. The orange I picked looks very close to the orange on the SS. Those new HPI shocks coming will be nice. Color looks close enough to where I won't have to get anything anodized. We'll see.

7. #7 Default  
    My Baja came today, I almost attacked the Fedex guy when he came up the driveway!!! I'm so used to nitro, I've never seen a 1/5 scale before, it's so big it has a new car smell to it .

I fired it up literally within 4 pulls, ran it for about 10 minutes, only problem I had was the steering linkage popped off from a slight rollover, is that common? Did I lose a nut that should holding the linkage from the servo horn onto the tie rod (not really a tie rod, but the part that goes from the linkage and turns the wheels)....I'm new, I need to learn the proper terms.....

8. #8 Default  
    Real Name
    Clayton
    There is a screw into the servo, and a ball link/screw to the bell crank.

Check your throttle linkage you may find you aren't getting full throttle and may have to adjust your linkage.
    Check your shock top and bottom caps for being tight.

Clayton
    Vertigo Performance

http://5thscaleracing.com/vb/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11&dateline=117807681  9
    Vertigo Easy Access Clutch Unit, The absolute quickest way to access the HPI Baja clutch.

Thread Information