Hello Guest, if you're reading this it means you have not yet registered. Please take a second, Click here to register and in a few simple steps, you will be able to enjoy all the many features of our fine community. Please take a few minutes and introduce yourself in the section for you to meet the members of our community.
To remove these and other advertisements, become a site supporter and donate.

Thread: Commonly broken parts???

1. #1 Default Commonly broken parts??? 
    First, I want to apologize if it seems like I'm posting excessively, just trying to pass the time until my Baja hopefully arrives on Friday. If I'm being to excessive just let me know.

What are the most commonly broken parts? I don't have a problem buying some extra parts when I get some upgrades (shipping prices have killed me on all my Nitro purchases).

I've seen people mention clutches and shocks (specifically shafts), is there anything else that breaks rather easily?

Thanks again.

2. #2 Default  
    If you buy the Elcon clutch, you will not need to worry much about the clutch for some time! I would recomend picking up both of these
    http://www.davesmotors.com/store/product1799.html
    http://www.davesmotors.com/store/product1945.html
    This makes it very easy to rebuild your shocks, I've found that I mostly only bend rear shocks. So you may want to just pick a set for the rears. If you can hold out the rumored HPI shocks are coming out some time, and these should blow us all away! I would also want a spare spur gear just in case. And maybe a set of suspension arms. The front tie rods are also something that bend easy in a freak roll.
    Some people find the tires to wear very fast, I do not have this problem... so you may want to pick up another set of rear tires, or hold out for the tires from Hostilehobby.
    Pretty much just shooting ideas at you. I would buy a rebuild set of the rear shock shafts though.

3. #3 Default  
    yea pretty much same stuff. i go through front arms, rear shock shafts and spur gears most frequently

4. #4 Default  
    Canada
    Real Name
    Mike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cmt56ss View Post
    First, I want to apologize if it seems like I'm posting excessively, just trying to pass the time until my Baja hopefully arrives on Friday. If I'm being to excessive just let me know.

What are the most commonly broken parts? I don't have a problem buying some extra parts when I get some upgrades (shipping prices have killed me on all my Nitro purchases).

I've seen people mention clutches and shocks (specifically shafts), is there anything else that breaks rather easily?

Thanks again.
    Keep posting! The more the better! They pretty much hit it on the head with The shock shafts, a arms and spur gear. If you drive like I do(Landing on the roof) I'd also get an extra spark plug too.

FG Leopard
    FG Monster Beetle 4x4

5. #5 Default  
    Spur Gears, Shock Shafts, A set of spare rear rubber, Dog Bones....Since your Baja will be new Get rid of the stock steering servo( the gears shred VERY fast). I would either purchace the MG conversion for the stock servo. I use a Hitev HS-5745MG hi tourque Servo and have had no issues... Welcome to the wonderfull world of the baja.

Ken

6. #6 Default  
    thanks mradlin, yes even if you dont plan on spending most of your time running on your roof a spare plug will come in handy!

7. #7 Default  
    Yep, what others said. Shock shafts and spur gear. Depending on your driving style, the front wheels are sometimes eager to pop off since they are held in place with e-clip.

When that happens, chances are about 50:50 that you'll lose a bearing from front wheel. Sometimes it stays on the hex, sometimes not.

Until I modded my front hexes not to use any clips I always kept spare bearing and e-clips with me.

Extra dogbones aren't bad idea too to keep as a spare. Easiest way to retire dogbones is land your baja WOT from a jump.

Lead, follow, or get out of the way

Thread Information