Hello Guest, if you're reading this it means you have not yet registered. Please take a second, Click here to register and in a few simple steps, you will be able to enjoy all the many features of our fine community. Please take a few minutes and introduce yourself in the section for you to meet the members of our community.
To remove these and other advertisements, become a site supporter and donate.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Baja just will not go..............until............

1. #1 Thumbs up New Baja just will not go..............until............ 
    runwreckrepair Guest
    Hi Guys

Found your forum tonight as my new Baja would not start today.
    Got it out the box yesterday and it was a nightmare to start but eventually got it to run real nice and got thro half a tank before i ran out of light.

Went to start it tonight and got no joy and loads of blisters !!!

Tried all the usual stuff as she seemed to be flooding all the time, cleaned plug, ignited residue in pot (got some nice flames out of the exhaust ), good clean blue spark, refreshed the fuel etc

Found the thread started by Tarzan13 and followed the advice given by you guys, and after turning in the idle screw all the way and clamping the black fuel line (advised by one of my mates) and it eventually started.

Just wanted to say thanks for all the advice even thou you didnt know you were giving it to me:p

Must learn to start the car with my left hand for the next couple of weeks to even up the muscles.

Cheers

2. #2 Default  
    Canada
    Real Name
    Mike
    Blog Entries
    That's what we're all here for! To help one another,and enjoy the hobby! How do you like your baja?

FG Leopard
    FG Monster Beetle 4x4

3. #3 Default  
    runwreckrepair Guest
    Been running mainly 1/8 for a while and just about mastered that (not) and thought it a good idea to move up to something bigger and badder.

I like what i see so far but tomorrow will be the tester when i can run the car proper as neighbours not to happy if i run it at this time of night (22:34 in the uk)

I'll keep you posted

Thanks again

4. #4 Default  
    Real Name
    Clayton
    Silly question, did you prime the bulb and is there fuel in the bulb?
    What oil mix are you running?
    Did you choke it??

If you add fuel, prime 3 times, choke and pull (Stop that thinking) till it sounds like it is starting, choke off and it should start in just a couple of pulls.

Clayton
    Vertigo Performance

http://5thscaleracing.com/vb/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11&dateline=117807681  9
    Vertigo Easy Access Clutch Unit, The absolute quickest way to access the HPI Baja clutch.

5. #5 Default  
    runwreckrepair Guest
    not a silly question at all, but the answer is yes, all primed and fuel in the bowl.

Tried all different combo's and nothing worked until i turned run screw fully in.
    I'll see what happens tomorrow and then report back.

I joined alocal club last week and they have all offered to fix it for me, if the problem continues.

Everyone is sooooooo helpful

thanks again

6. #6 Default  
    runwreckrepair Guest
    Sorry, forgot the mix, i'm running 25:1, super plus unleaded, which is 98 octane in the uk with (i think) Cobra Venom oil.

Do the Baja's have fuel filters in the petrol tanks?

Cheers

7. #7 Default  
    Real Name
    Clayton
    Yes they do have filters.

Once a 2 stroke is flooded you need to hold throttle wide open and pull until it starts.

Clayton
    Vertigo Performance

http://5thscaleracing.com/vb/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11&dateline=117807681  9
    Vertigo Easy Access Clutch Unit, The absolute quickest way to access the HPI Baja clutch.

8. #8 Default  
    runwreckrepair Guest
    OK. i'll try that.

Would that be with or without choke?

9. #9 Default  
    Real Name
    Clayton
    Without choke..

Clayton
    Vertigo Performance

10. #10 Default  
    yes there is a filter in the tank.
    Ok next time you go out to run it, remove the "stinger" off the exhaust can if you have not allready done so.
    this wont help to get it started, but you will thank me after it is running.

Thread Information