Hello Guest, if you're reading this it means you have not yet registered. Please take a second, Click here to register and in a few simple steps, you will be able to enjoy all the many features of our fine community. Please take a few minutes and introduce yourself in the section for you to meet the members of our community.
To remove these and other advertisements, become a site supporter and donate.

Thread: Bolt on radio box!!

1. #1 Default Bolt on radio box!! 
    Was Bashing my Baja The other day and noticed Major movement in my radio box every time that I puuled the trigger or turned the wheels. and noticed that the Body clip holes were worn out bad as well there was grooves in the plastic on the box from yhe clips as well,Because of this my performance suffered greatly So I got rid of that system an now use 4 bolts 8 washers and four locknuts to firmly hold my radio box in!!

Ken

2. #2 Default  
    Real Name
    Clayton
    That is a good idea I am going to have to look at my radio box now.. Great more things to do LOL!!!!

Clayton
    Vertigo Performance

http://5thscaleracing.com/vb/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11&dateline=117807681  9
    Vertigo Easy Access Clutch Unit, The absolute quickest way to access the HPI Baja clutch.

3. #3 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by SavageKen View Post
    Was Bashing my Baja The other day and noticed Major movement in my radio box every time that I puuled the trigger or turned the wheels. and noticed that the Body clip holes were worn out bad as well there was grooves in the plastic on the box from yhe clips as well,Because of this my performance suffered greatly So I got rid of that system an now use 4 bolts 8 washers and four locknuts to firmly hold my radio box in!!

Ken
    Yep, that's exactly what I did. Noticed that the box moved too much. Servo is just too strong for those puny plastic fasteners. I put 4 sturdy bolts on it. Spring washers on both sides. Sits like a stink on s**t..

With orig. configuration I noticed some inaccuracy with steering servo since the box was moving. Not much, but noticeable.

4. #4 Default  
    ive done a simler thing to mine but slightly diffrent so i can still take it out quickly

ive gotten bolts then driled holes through them for the clips
    dosent improve it so much as hard bolting it down but hellps and alows you to have easy acess

THE ALIENS ARE TALKING TO ME THROUGH MY VERTIGO PARTS ! ! ! !

Thread Information