Hello Guest, if you're reading this it means you have not yet registered. Please take a second, Click here to register and in a few simple steps, you will be able to enjoy all the many features of our fine community. Please take a few minutes and introduce yourself in the section for you to meet the members of our community.
To remove these and other advertisements, become a site supporter and donate.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Tires by Hostile!

1. #1 Default New Tires by Hostile! 
    Real Name
    Clayton
    We have been sitting on these photos for a week and the information for months being unable to release or let on after market tires are coming.

Hostile Hobby (Maybe they will change their name to Hostile Racing)
    Here are some photos of tires that are great for loamy surfaces (Beware gravel pits will take this tread off in minutes) For a loamy surface though the larger step catches the softer dirt while the smaller pin digs into the harder surface below..

New Tires by Hostile!

New Tires by Hostile!

New Tires by Hostile!

Clayton
    Vertigo Performance

http://5thscaleracing.com/vb/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11&dateline=117807681  9
    Vertigo Easy Access Clutch Unit, The absolute quickest way to access the HPI Baja clutch.

2. #2 Default  
    The tires are actually our product line "Hostile Racing Products". HostileHobby.com is the online store.

Our step pins will not burn off easily as they will be a firm compound more condusive to the weight of the vehicle. We will be offering a staggered block chevron pattern most likely as the first release.

The photos shown are step-pins with different knobby saturations. One for more compact ground and the more open pattern for loam and softer terrain.

Then we will also offer a tire with increased diameter for more traction(larger contact patch), more ground clearance and more top speed.

The first 2 series of tires will fit all existing wheels and beadlocks. I dont want to force someone to stop using an item they paid good money for just to use our product. We will strengthen the tires as best we can using the limited space the existing HPI setup allows.

Then, we will release another tire line that will include new beadlocks that allow us to build an almost indestructible tire. This way we offer the option. Many of us have purchased extra wheels and beadlocks, so we will start with direct replacements that last longer and offer greater traction.

We will be posting a poll for tread patterns. New Tarmac tires, mud tires, step-pins and chevrons should be a good start.

I am sure we all would like to not only have tires that last, but have a selection as well.

Rage on!

-Robert

3. #3 Default  
    Thats awesome news for Baja owners ..

How about looking into different FG MT sizes tires as well and offer different patterns other then the stock MT style but keeping the same OD ..

Good Luck though . i dont think you'lll need luck

4. #4 Default  
    Real Name
    Clayton
    Good to hear Rob, glad you explained the Pins and their compound hardness.

Clayton
    Vertigo Performance

http://5thscaleracing.com/vb/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11&dateline=117807681  9
    Vertigo Easy Access Clutch Unit, The absolute quickest way to access the HPI Baja clutch.

5. #5 Default  
    Canada
    Real Name
    Mike
    Blog Entries
    is there any new info about this tire yet?

FG Leopard
    FG Monster Beetle 4x4

6. #6 Default  
    Oh this is awesome news!!! New Tyres AND WHEELS! its like christmas all over again.

now if i can figure a way to get these badboys over to the UK...

...nice work Robert!

7. #7 Default  
    Real Name
    Matt
    Ok did I miss something here:confused::confused: when did they make pins?

8. #8 Default  
    dont think the pins where ever maid? Or did we all miss something here?

I know I would buy a set of those step pins!

9. #9 Default  
    The pins were never made... at least not yet. He is currently on vacation but has some other tread designs in the mix.

10. #10 Default  
    I'll be holding my breath for the step pins, about the best tire for the track conditions we have around these necks of the woods.

Thread Information