Hello Guest, if you're reading this it means you have not yet registered. Please take a second, Click here to register and in a few simple steps, you will be able to enjoy all the many features of our fine community. Please take a few minutes and introduce yourself in the section for you to meet the members of our community.
To remove these and other advertisements, become a site supporter and donate.

Thread: temprature?

1. #1 Question temprature? 
    what kind of temprature should I run my engin?
    its a cy27rc.
    thanks for your replies.

2. #2 Default  
    Real Name
    Clayton
    Not an issue with these like a nitro.. as long as there is some spatter and it runs well enjoy it.

3. #3 Default  
    so they hard to lean out and burn?
    cause my first engine was runnig 25:1 and it barely smoke but my chainsaw(22cc) runs on 50:1 and it smokes twice what the buggy those so I think I was running to lean but it was runnnig and sounding good.
    Its troath sonuded clearer then the saw.
    I,m worried that I`m leaning out my low end to much because I`m use to the accleration form 0 to 20 of nitro.
    will it stall on me when I pull the trigger like nitro does if i lean low to much?
    what are the sign of low neddle to lean?
    thanks!

4. #4 Default  
    Real Name
    Clayton
    Anyone??

If you use factory settings you should be good and have no worries..
    My wing is caked with engine poop.. and the rear upper plate is spattered with gunk, is you wing clean?

5. #5 Default  
    Canada
    Real Name
    Mike
    Blog Entries
    Here is some helpful information regarding common carburetor tuning problems:

If your engine stutters at full throttle and cannot reach full RPMs:
    The high jet is too far open. Close the jet by turning it clockwise slightly, and then ride-test. If no improvement, repeat until desired results are achieved. Once you have found a workable setting, open the jet approx 1/16 of a turn to ensure sufficient fuel/air mix.

If your engine bogs out when transitioning from low speed:
    The high jet is too far closed. Open the jet by turning it counterclockwise until you are at least 1 1/2 turns open, and then gradually close the jet until performance is as desired. Poor engine compression, blocked exhausts, and very heavy engine loading can all also cause bogging.

If your engine idles very fast and kills if you attempt to slow the idle:
    You may have an air leak in your intake. An easy way to check for leaks is to spray the intake manifold and area surrounding it with WD-40. If the idle changes after you spray the WD-40, there is an air leak. Common areas for leaks are between the manifold and the cylinder, and between the carb and the intake manifold. Inspect the manifold, carb gasket, and intake gasket for cracks or other signs of damage, and replace if necessary.

If your engine idles but then slowly kills:
    Your low jet is too far open. Close the low jet by turning it clockwise until a stable idle is achieved.

FG Leopard
    FG Monster Beetle 4x4

6. #6 Default  
    so you use low speed to get good idle and once you get good idle then you set high neddle for performance and it affect both low and high speed acc?
    alot less fancy then nitro!
    and my wing was ditry but my back chassis is not spattered with gunk.
    but it only lasted 3/4 of tank so it maybe did run long enough!
    but long enough to let the other 1/8 guys at the track that a tiger is loose!Lol!!
    i think it wont be long before I see other baja.Say when they come out!
    At least 3 are comming just because of a 3/4 tank show!

7. #7 Default  
    Good writeup mradlin. I'm pretty new to tuning these gas engines but here is some additional tuning advice I have received.

You can turn high, low, and idle pretty much independently of each other, unlike nitro.

When race tuning, run the car at race speeds for about 10 minutes and bring it in. If the fuel primer bulb is empty, you are too lean on the high needle.

Bruce

8. #8 Default  
    Real Name
    Clayton
    Bruce, good tip!!

Clayton
    Vertigo Performance

http://5thscaleracing.com/vb/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11&dateline=117807681  9
    Vertigo Easy Access Clutch Unit, The absolute quickest way to access the HPI Baja clutch.

Thread Information