Hello Guest, if you're reading this it means you have not yet registered. Please take a second, Click here to register and in a few simple steps, you will be able to enjoy all the many features of our fine community. Please take a few minutes and introduce yourself in the section for you to meet the members of our community.
To remove these and other advertisements, become a site supporter and donate.

Thread: FG stadium Truck tires on baja wheels

1. #1 Default FG stadium Truck tires on baja wheels 
    Ok, so here's how you can fit FG stadium truck tires on baja wheels.

These tires are quite robust! They feel almost like a belted tires. At least after feeling baja rear tires.. (s-compound)

I glued the tire to the beadlock (not the wheel) with CA and then covered the whole thing with shoe goo. I thought that might help keeping sand from going in between the beadlock and rubber.

To the "backside" I didn't fit beadlocks at all. I just glued the tire edge straight to the wheel with CA. And also put lots of shoe goo over that seam too.

Today we were bashing with Karg and I got over 2 tanks with these tires. It would had been even more, but I broke my steering servo and it took an hour to fix.. But guess what, the tires are intact! Not even a scratch on them! And the sand pit where we were driving is not a most pleasant place for tires.. There's rocks bigger than fist and lot's of sharp ones too. And as usual, we drove without mercy..

Here's a few pics of what I did.

Before:

FG stadium Truck tires on baja wheels

After:

The tire is not complitely straight glued to the inside the wheel, but my defense is that there was few installation beers involved... :lol:

Update: If my calculations are correct, I now have near 20 tanks with these tires...

This is how they look today:

Also take into consideration my "legendary" bicycle innertube "shockwears". What can be seen in pics are run near 2 hours in the local sand pit. No wear or tear whatsoever. These are robust and cheap!
    Last edited by Carnivore; 05-21-2007 at 02:23 AM.

2. #2 Default  
    Canada
    Real Name
    Mike
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the great info!

FG Leopard
    FG Monster Beetle 4x4

3. #3 Default  
    Did you have to cut the tires in order for them to fit? Is the sponge still inside? They look good.

4. #4 Default  
    Ya ..installation beers are always in order to straighten anything out ..

5. #5 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Budmancan View Post
    Did you have to cut the tires in order for them to fit? Is the sponge still inside? They look good.
    No cutting needed. Just standard baja wheels and black foams. Tires little bitchy to put on the wheels, but once on they fit like a glove.

Just glued the tire to the outer (smaller diameter) beadlock with CA glue. The inside (bigger diameter) beadlocks I didn't fit at all. Just glued the tire straight to the wheel as shown in pics.

6. #6 Default  
    Those tires are holding up very well.What did you use for shock covers they look like rubber?

7. #7 Talking  
    They are bicycle tire inner tubes

Canada is like a loft apartment over a really great party.LOL

8. #8 Default  
    Good idea,i like the way they look.

9. #9 Default  
    OK, sort of an update on this. So far experiences around the world has shown that glueing to just the beadlock IS NOT ENOUGH. So if you're going to do this mod, glue the tire straight to the wheel. And don't be shy with CA glue. My initial plan lasted for me like 15 tanks, which is much more than any HPI tire has ever given me...

But even then the glueing just popped off. I just cleaned the surfaces and glued them back to the wheel. (and some glue to the beadlocks also) No probs since.

Here's how they look after 30+ tanks:

And I say 30+ as I'm not sure anymore. Seems like these tires has always been with me. My guess is that there's something like 35-40 tanks in, but i'll say 30+ to be on the safe side.

These tires have been in some real ****. 3 hours on tarmac straight and then some rough gravel and fine sand in 50:50 proportion rest of the time.

EDIT: Can someone procuce a pic from a HPI dirtbuster tire that has 30+ tanks in?
    Last edited by Carnivore; 07-10-2007 at 02:27 AM.

Lead, follow, or get out of the way

Thread Information