Hello Guest, if you're reading this it means you have not yet registered. Please take a second, Click here to register and in a few simple steps, you will be able to enjoy all the many features of our fine community. Please take a few minutes and introduce yourself in the section for you to meet the members of our community.
To remove these and other advertisements, become a site supporter and donate.
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Thanks for coming and introduce yourselves

1. #1 Exclamation Thanks for coming and introduce yourselves 
    Real Name
    Clayton
    Please tell us who you are!!!

2. #2 Default This is me! 
    Hello everyone, as you already know, I am a newbie to the site!!! My name is Tom Douglas but most of my friends call me "Mas".
    I am partially disabled from a work related accident and have been medically retired since 1994.
    My home track is Sun Valley Speedway. Even though I live an hour north west of the track, I still consider it my home track because there are no other 1/5th scale tracks any closer to me than it so I consider it home :O).
    I got my first RC car in 1977. It was a 1/8th scale Titan 100 that had a .19 K&B engine on it. The Titan RC car was made in Ojai California and was a spin-off of the Associated RC100 which was Associated’s top of the line car at the time. Both the Titan and the Associated cars were constructed mainly from 70-75-T6 aluminum.
    I started racing RC cars in 1977 when I became a member of the Ventura Roadrunners RC Car Club.
    I won the Ventura Roadrunners year end points championship from 1980 to 1984.
    I was one of the Southern California Championship Series Steering Committee Members for Ventura from 1983 to 1985.
    I organized and was also the official race director for the west coast’s first championship race ever held here. It was called the ROAR Region 6 1/8th Scale Championships and it was held here in Ventura in 1982. There were 150 drivers from all over the western states that signed up and showed up to race.
    I was voted in as the vice president of the Ventura Roadrunners in 1980 and was then voted in as the president in 1981 and held the office until the end of 1984.
    I started racing 1/5th scale cars in 2004. I won First Place in the Super Touring Car Class Expert C Main in the 2004 ROAR Nationals which was held at Sun Valley Speedway
    Other than my 1/5th scale SVM MK5, the other Radio Control items I have are a 1/8th Scale HPI 4WD Proceed Can-Am car, I have a 1/8th Scale Associated RC 300BDCan-Am car, I also have an Associated RC10T stadium truck, I also have an XTM 1/10th scale stadium truck. I also have a Kyosho 4WD V-One-R 1/10th Scale On-Road Touring Car, and I have a Tamiya 1/10th Scale 4WD EVO-1 Electric car. I also have a 1/18th scale Team Losi Mini-T truck, and I also have about 6 or 7 of the Radio Shack 1/28th scale Xmods Custom RC cars, and lastly, believe it or not, I have 3 of the Radio Shack 1/64th Scale Hot Wheels Size RC Cars so that my grand daughters and I can race against each other in the dinning room.
    So as you can see by the line up that I have that I like to drive RC cars and trucks no matter what size they are and will probably be racing some sort of radio control car or truck until I die..

It's really great to have another 5th scale web site to hang out at, so thanks guys!!.

My best to you all,

Tom "Mas" Douglas
    Ventura California

3. #3 Default  
    Real Name
    Clayton
    Mas,the bet post I have read in 11 years on message boards...

Glad to see you here and wished there were more like you in the hobby.

Cheers!!

ML

4. #4 Default  
    Hello
    My name is john (aka ruckus) and i am an R/C addict.
    I don't know when i became an addict - it was sometime when i was young (yes a long while ago)

It has been with me through many girlfriends and my current wife. i say current because if she find out what i am planning to purchase she may be my ex wife.

I do not as of yet own a 5th scale but have many other cars which my fav is the hpi savage however i am planning a purchase of the baja but would love to see a 4wheel drive truck version.

thanks
    John

5. #5 Default  
    Welcome to the board Rukus!!! I haven't been here very long myself but I can say hi just the same :O)

6. #6 Default  
    Well guess its time to tell you guys a little about me.
    Well for starters I've been in this hobby for almost 16 years, and yes that is over half my life. Been eyeing out large scale cars ever since 1987 when I was at Silverstone for a vintage F1 race, the "half time show" was a 1/4 scale demo race, and ever since I've been hooked on largescale cars. Even know the first one I bought was the baja. Now I have an xrc rc-1 and that will not be the last, lol! In the past I have raced full sized cars at a local oval track, and am dieing to get back at it. I've also raced a limited amount of go-kart races, I found it more my place beign a crew member as I'm 6'6". I am also a small engine technican, that all started out with being involved with kart racing. I feel at home with these small gas motors, and can not wait for my colection to grow!

7. #7 Talking  
    Hi guys frumpy here looks like a nice site,lots if different stuff and look forward to visiting here daily

8. #8 Default  
    Hi all! I'm Carnivore from Finland. Baja 5b is my first RC... :o Talk about addiction! I'm an engineer by trade and have been inventing little things on baja.. NOT anything spectacular. Just some practical little s**t. I'm a cheap bastard so my "inventions" are not going to turn world a better place. Just my world...

But if it makes your baja owning any less PITA, I guess I did what I was supposed to do...

9. #9 Default  
    Hi, I'm Tash. Kinda new I guess. Got my baja in March of this year. Love It! My bf has one too which he got at the same time. Having a blast! Talk to you all soon!

10. #10 Default  
    Real Name
    Matt
    I just wanted to say A big hello to everyone, Here @ 5th scale forums.......for those of you that do not know me. I live in (Shevegas) No just kiddingThanks for coming and introduce yourselves I line in Sheboygan, WI and work Here www.jlfrench.com and I have been married for 12 yrs......I have a real passion for Corvettes, Hondas, and the BAJA b5.....But I will tell it like it is also, I'am up front and personal and do not like to beat around the bush.....It you don't like what I have to say etc thats cool..... I can handle that,I like Honest People and to be Upfront and Honest with others and myself....

I've been the large scale buggy scene for about 4years now, and I love it...But my biggest peve(and I'am sure I will be yelled at for it) is when someone tells you " YOU NEED THIS PART" and buy it from here only....thats all I have to say...lets all go bash away.....

Thread Information