Hello Guest, if you're reading this it means you have not yet registered. Please take a second, Click here to register and in a few simple steps, you will be able to enjoy all the many features of our fine community. Please take a few minutes and introduce yourself in the section for you to meet the members of our community.
To remove these and other advertisements, become a site supporter and donate.

Thread: Rock Concepts A Arm mini review

1. #1 Default Rock Concepts A Arm mini review 
    Real Name
    Clayton
    Akela and I decided to head out to a local Sand pit on Friday and test out some new items, 1 of which were Rock Concept Rear lower A arms. Made from 7075 Aluminium these things are beefy and strong.
    Once at the pit we had the loader operator to build us some jumps (not like he had anything else to do, it was a slow day and it just so happens he owns the pit)

While he was doing this I got stupid and tried to launch my buggy into orbit..This is another story but for the purpose of this review the arms were awesome!!!!
    Then once the jumps were ready we proceeded to play lets see who can wreck their buggies first. In the end neither one of us had to go home early and we sure appreciated the RC A arms.. Heavy hitting and some serious cartwheels usually means new shock shafts at the end of the day... not friday, I came home with straight shafts.. A great day is making it home with straight shafts.

These arms are beefy and although 2 times heavier than stock it has been my contention all along that the buggy could use a little extra weight in the rear and the way this thing was flying I was not disappointed in my guess..

The arms took a beating, no signs of wear on the hinge pins, helps eliminate wheel rub and as best as I can tell really aids in keeping shock shafts straight.

10.5 out of 10 for the Rock Concepts A Arms.

One more thing to add. RC arms have mounting holes for HPI Sway Bar kit #HPI86618

You can pick them up at any of our advertisers or your LHS for $129.00 (or less) which is a great price for a 7075 product.
    If you live outside USA please support a hobby dealer in your country.

2. #2 Default  
    Well I have to say I'm more then happy with them, I went through 2 tanks on friday bashing in the pit the only thing that went wrong with me is one of my front tires poped off.(easy fix) Then today I went through another 2 tanks on the track. No bent shafts (I need to get some pictures of this track to show that it is about the same as bashing just a little more controlled) If your looking for a futur upgrade I would recommend putting these arms on your list.

3. #3 Default  
    Real Name
    Clayton
    Do you mean photos of the track like these ones? Chad took them last summer

Rock Concepts A Arm mini review

4. #4 Default  
    yeah some of those pictures, they still dont show how bad some of the jumps are. And good news they have gotten rid of most of the bark mulch!

5. #5 Default  
    MadSenileBrian Guest
    that track looks like alot of fun, and great review of the A arms guys..

6. #6 Default  
    Real Name
    Clayton
    That track is a $50 a day track because that is how much damage can be done if you don't hit each jump exactly right.

Clayton
    Vertigo Performance

http://5thscaleracing.com/vb/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11&dateline=117807681  9
    Vertigo Easy Access Clutch Unit, The absolute quickest way to access the HPI Baja clutch.

7. #7 Default  
    MadSenileBrian Guest
    But I bet if you walk out of there and your baja is still ready for more you would have a big smile on your face... I know there is nothing better than getting home and not having to get online and order a bunch of parts that you broke... Got to love that feeling..

8. #8 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian1977 View Post
    But I bet if you walk out of there and your baja is still ready for more you would have a big smile on your face... I know there is nothing better than getting home and not having to get online and order a bunch of parts that you broke... Got to love that feeling..
    I don't know about that...for me that it's as much fun wrenching as it is driving.

Thread Information