Hello Guest, if you're reading this it means you have not yet registered. Please take a second, Click here to register and in a few simple steps, you will be able to enjoy all the many features of our fine community. Please take a few minutes and introduce yourself in the section for you to meet the members of our community.
To remove these and other advertisements, become a site supporter and donate.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Backward clutch!

1. #1 Default Backward clutch! 
    How many here has tried the backwards clutch mod? Me and Bama689 tried it and it works great, the clutch dont slip. Cant tell bout it wearing better yet, too soon to tell.

2. #2 Default  
    Real Name
    Clayton
    We did it with nitro..

Going to try it soon and getting rid of the high stall spring, installing a low stall spring that should be better than stock. If it works we will tell more about.

3. #3 Default  
    Bama689 had the stock spring and I had the HP red one, but I cant run mine cuz its been cleaned and drained for deployment. The Baja(Bama689) had real nice acceleration, better than stock.

4. #4 Default  
    I was running my clutch installed backwards today, got 2 tanks through it in the sand using the old stock clutch bell with the side holes in it. The wear on it was very minium. It has a heavy duty clutch sping on it. I will be trying a "low stall" spring on it soon. Going to try and make it more drivable on the slower parts, instead of letting it coast. Will report more soon.

5. #5 Default  
    put a new set of HR shoes on backwards today. will be testing it out in the sand friday.

6. #6 Default  
    Real Name
    Clayton
    Nice Avatar!!

7. #7 Default  
    ran these backwards last weekend out at Dumont, picture pretty much speaks for itself. it took a little bit to get used to how it drives, theres a big difference from running backwards clutch on a nitro and on this behemoth. the clutch doesn't really disengage until the motor is below the clutches engagement RPM so it takes longer to come to a stop. definitely worth doing in the sand but i don't think i will run them backwards all the time.

Backward clutch!

8. #8 Default  
    Real Name
    Clayton
    A backwards clutch sticks out 1mm further than stock
    If you push on your pinion and spin the clutch do you feel the resistance as the bell rubs the metal on the clutch?

9. #9 Default  
    I can't feel any resistance on mine, doesn't seem to be any unusual wear on the clutch bell too. not sure what the line around the outside is from but i noticed it before i switched the clutches around.

Backward clutch!

10. #10 Default  
    Real Name
    Clayton
    you will need head shims, maybe 3 @ .22mm (.06") I think

Thread Information