Hello Guest, if you're reading this it means you have not yet registered. Please take a second, Click here to register and in a few simple steps, you will be able to enjoy all the many features of our fine community. Please take a few minutes and introduce yourself in the section for you to meet the members of our community.
To remove these and other advertisements, become a site supporter and donate.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Elcon Clutch

1. #1 Default  
    i just use the elcon race clutch, no problems just works awesome. I have the lauterbacher clutch in my fg and has been running without issues as well for couple years now. My elcon has 5 tanks throu it today in the sandy conditions and shows almost no wear. Plus with the added bonus of adjustable 6000-10000 set up any way you like. My lauterbacher is adjustable as well. Any way for guys going throu 30 buck for a crappy clutch for couple tanks running, which is sad. Just spend the hundred bucks and get a full race ready 4 shoe clutch. The added bonus is they friggin launch off the line.

2. #2 Default  
    Real Name
    Clayton
    That sounds like a pretty good idea, which clutch of the 2 would you suggest?

3. #3 Default  
    Get the elcon, i'm sure they all should work. but i have the elcon in my baja, so i would use it. I was amazed to see after 5 tanks in the sand it showed almost no wear. They are kind of a teflon clutch. I also have the turtle bell with no holes however. Not sure if it makes a difference as far as not as much sand in there. My fg truck has the lauterbacher race hardened bell with hole and there clutch in it no problems either. this thing hooks up nice. how can you beat a 4 shoe clutch vs a 2 shoe. No comparison.

4. #4 Default  
    IMPORTANT. To make this clutch fit pertectly you have to add 2-4 of those shims. hpi part number Z897. It keeps the four screws from hitting the outside of bell. There is some play in the stock setup in and out so i just shimmed it out. Also when you get the kit. Make sure you use the shorter springs not the longer silver springs as they are for onroad cars.

5. #5 Default  
    Canada
    Real Name
    Mike
    Blog Entries
    I just recieved this today!
    Elcon Clutch
    Elcon Clutch
    I didn't get any time to run it yet, But I'm looking forward to running it! Any suggestions on the spring settings?

FG Leopard
    FG Monster Beetle 4x4

6. #6 Default  
    I just counted from just starting to engage springs to full engagement. I went about a 1 and a half turns in. If i remember right. The engagement is about 6000-10000 so you can kinda figure out where you want it set by doing this. It takes a few tweaks to get it where you want it. Mladin you are going to love that clutch, i just love mine. No wear so to speak. Very good upgrade.

7. #7 Default  
    Hal001
    what was the cost on the elcon clutch with shipping into Canada ? and from what supplier did you use ?
    Cheerzz

8. #8 Default  
    Real Name
    Clayton
    RC nuts is the North American dealer and they gave me a cost of $92.00usd

9. #9 Default  
    Canada
    Real Name
    Mike
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for letting us all know about the clutch Hal001! I'm just waiting untill I catch up at work to go out and give it a good thrashing!! So far I used 2 shims and have the springs set at 1 3/4 turns from 0. I'll let you all know how it works!!

FG Leopard
    FG Monster Beetle 4x4

10. #10 Default  
    I got mine from krikke. It was about 120 bucks canadian, but it's 40 bucks for shipping from the netherlands. I ordered other stuff to so it was not so bad.

Thread Information