Hello Guest, if you're reading this it means you have not yet registered. Please take a second, Click here to register and in a few simple steps, you will be able to enjoy all the many features of our fine community. Please take a few minutes and introduce yourself in the section for you to meet the members of our community.
To remove these and other advertisements, become a site supporter and donate.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Baja is busted

1. #1 Default My Baja is busted 
    Well to today I broke a spare dod bone (stock), yesterday I broke a HD one. Along with brakin the a dog bone, I broke the 86470 - Differential Shaft. Now Im in a dilema, do I get a stock one or the TR shaft set?

2. #2 Default  
    Real Name
    Clayton
    Turtle shafts are reinforced but if you break a dog bone you have to modify the new ones. His come modified.

What are you doing you are breaking drive lines? can you take photos of your DB and show us?

3. #3 Default  
    heres pics
    Name:  2.JPG
Views: 77
Size:  97.5 KB

Name:  test1.JPG
Views: 75
Size:  150.0 KB

4. #4 Default  
    Are you running anything in the rear to bring the ride hight up? If so have the dog bones fallen out on you?

5. #5 Default  
    I have the Phadaddy and Ramtech springs. I never have had any dog bones pop out.

6. #6 Default  
    I'm wondering if the dog bones are binding under full extension of the shocks. I had some ugly home made brace that lowered the shocks down some. I had nothing but problems running it this way, I noticed some binding in the dog bones also

7. #7 Default  
    Well when I the wheels at the its full extension, I dont feel any binding. But thats just spinnin by hand, and it feels smooth.

8. #8 Default  
    From the looks of the first picture, it seem the dog bone is bent. This would be a sign of some binding going on some where. If this were happening to me, I would not spend too much money right away. I'd find the cause of all the problems. Do you still run the axel boots on the dog bones? Could it be something got jammed in there? Tear it apart and see what you find

9. #9 Default  
    Real Name
    Clayton
    When the wheels are at full extension pull the wheel down harder by hand as if it was being pulled in a tumble. Possible they are over extending at that point.
    Haven't heard any issues with Phatdaddy's except those running Ramtech arms otherwise people seem to be very happy the Phataddy brace.

10. #10 Default  
    I have seen this same carnage happen when guys are holding the gas on landing jumps.Happened on my track once with a stock baja.

Thread Information