Hello Guest, if you're reading this it means you have not yet registered. Please take a second, Click here to register and in a few simple steps, you will be able to enjoy all the many features of our fine community. Please take a few minutes and introduce yourself in the section for you to meet the members of our community.
To remove these and other advertisements, become a site supporter and donate.

Thread: 1:5 Scale for the MASSES!

1. #1 Exclamation 1:5 Scale for the MASSES! 
    Nomadio Guest
    The current 1/5 scale race information is as follows:

RC Pro & the “Speedway Corp” are offering 1/5 scale cars the opportunity to racing during the Homestead Miami “XM” Radio Indy 300 event. If the manufacturers, distributors and racers wish to promote their sport & products at our event they are welcome to be part of the program.

The offer has been made to RC Pro by Speedway Corp to allow 1/5 scale F1 cars to actually demonstrate and be part of the Pre-Indy Driver introduction ceremony on the actual track the Big cars will run on. Besides just racing your 1/5 F1 car, you can be part of the Big Show. So if you own one, come on down.

As far as the 1/5 scale race goes, some talk has made by some about how running 1/5 cars with Nitro cars won’t work. RC Pro is willing to open the R/C track to 1/5 cars first on March 21, 2007 at 9am till 1pm, the track will then be open for all to practice.

I recently discussed this with someone who wished to argue the point with me because they were reluctant to bring their 1/5 scale car. It doesn’t make sense to me because I know that if I pull a “Holeshot” with my full size car on new asphalt it will last for months for all to see!

The track that Art Carbonell is designing and the Speedway is building for the RC Pro event is on “virgin” asphalt and the 1/5 scale cars can make the groove so that no sugar or additives will be needed. Some prominent 1/5 scale racers I've spoken to agree with the concept of a “sugarless” track surface that 1/5 scale cars will produce.

So I put it out there to all you 1/5 scale guys, if you ran your car on new asphalt for 4 solid hours in one day, do you think your cars will groove in a track or not?

Manufacturers of 1/5 scale cars, do you think it’s better to promote your product as a “trailer queen” or on a race track in front of 30-50 Thousand Indy & GTP fans that are there to see only one thing, Fast Cars?

All 1/5 scale cars are welcome to join our party but the truth is we need to get started within the next few weeks on the actual race schedule.

So, if you want to race your 1/5 scale and promote the excitement of your sport or product, then you should send in your entries soon.

The RC Pro Homestead Miami International Fuel Challenge is much more than just another race.

Jeff Vargas
    RC Pro
    Event Marketing

Taked from rctech forum

2. #2 Talking  
    If I was near Miami, than that opportunity could prompt me to buy an onroad race car.:p

I hope you get some TV time on some of the channels, so that the ones far from the US, also gets a chance to see the Action.

Happy Racing
    Jesper Rex, Nuuk, Greenland
    FG Leopard Race, 29cc race ported DDM SiKK conversion, Elcon'ized and Sensor'ized

3. #3 Default  
    LittoDeviL Guest
    Is there any other event like this coming up? Maybe another one nexst year? That would actually give me another reason to design a 1/5 scale car from the ground up as another selection for potentional new 1/5 scale owners

Larry

4. #4 Default  
    Nomadio_Sales (And others): Do you have any info about how many large Scale racers that showed up that day?
    And what else happened in the RC part of the race?

Happy Racing
    Jesper Rex, Nuuk, Greenland
    FG Leopard Race, 29cc race ported DDM SiKK conversion, Elcon'ized and Sensor'ized

Thread Information