Hello Guest, if you're reading this it means you have not yet registered. Please take a second, Click here to register and in a few simple steps, you will be able to enjoy all the many features of our fine community. Please take a few minutes and introduce yourself in the section for you to meet the members of our community.
To remove these and other advertisements, become a site supporter and donate.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paintin Baja ?

1. #1 Default Paintin Baja ? 
    Im gettin my baja body soon, and was wondering. Do I cut first or paint first?

2. #2 Default  
    Real Name
    Clayton
    Painting first helps to keep over spray off the rest of the area and gives you something to hold on to.
    If you are using scissors to cut it you may want to cut first
    If you are using an Xacto then you can paint first, score the line you would normally cut (doesn't have to be a deep score line) make sure you don't go off the line you want, then starting at one end crimp the plastic and the unwanted section should just peel right away.
    If you have a spare piece of lexan around you can try the scoring technic first to see how it works.

Don't forget to sand the inside of the body with a very fine scotch brite or very fine emery cloth, helps the pain stick. Wash with dish soap, dry well and paint light coats.

3. #3 Default  
    IM goin to use scissors so I gues Im cutin first. Thanx

4. #4 Default  
    Just dont peel off the protective film, that way there will be no worries about having paint run onto the outside of the body

5. #5 Default  
    I use a combination of lexan scissors and a dremel tool to smooth out the wheel wells and have never had a problem. I do all the cutting after I paint.

6. #6 Default  
    Yeah I just painted a baja body, cut out some with an xacto some with scissors, and then finished it up by using my dremel with the sanding wheel

7. #7 Default  
    I heard the clear body's was stupid thicker than the stock one. Was it a pain to cut it?

8. #8 Default  
    No it was not that bad at all. Do you have a good set of lexan scissors? I found a few places hard to cut out, but by making releive cuts makes it very easy to cut. If you have a dremel with a small sanding wheel it makes the job very easy.

9. #9 Default  
    I got sheet metal scissors, We have a dremel at my shop tho.

10. #10 Default  
    Real Name
    Clayton
    Lexan scissors are the same as nail scissors you find in the beauty department of any drug store only Lexan scissors are more money. They come in handy to have them in the tool kit.

Thread Information