Hello Guest, if you're reading this it means you have not yet registered. Please take a second, Click here to register and in a few simple steps, you will be able to enjoy all the many features of our fine community. Please take a few minutes and introduce yourself in the section for you to meet the members of our community.
To remove these and other advertisements, become a site supporter and donate.
  • Currently Active Users

There are currently 107 users online. 1 members and 106 guests

Most users ever online was 320, 05-11-2013 at 04:53 PM.

1. nitrocat
  • PowerJam 2015 - LargeScaleRC

Make Plans On Attending !
    Going to be an Amazing Event !

This article was originally published in forum thread: PowerJam 2015 - LargeScaleRC started by looker2756 View original post
    Comments 32 Comments
      mradlin -
      It's back!! Who's going to be the best?
      looker2756 -
      This one will have a big focus of the Oval track.
      There is many oval racers coming from all over, and between 3 - 5 EDM / Latemodel body mfgs. to be on vendor row !
      Sounding like O'bros will will be here.
      Axis RC & many more are confirming as well.

This is shaping up to be one of the Largest Events in the history of 1/5 racing events.
      PegLeg -
      Can't wait! I look forward to this event every year. It's always a great event and this one should be epic!

BTW, I've been asked by the event manager, Sean Thomas, to be the event forum media contact person for the event. Should anyone have any specific questions regarding this year's Power Jam, or need assistance in coordination/logistics please feel free to contact me via PM. Most information you may need will be posted/updated on the LargeScaleRC website:
      http://www.largescalerc.com/
      If you need anything more, let me know. Thanks!
      nitrocat -
      How long are the mains this year I hope back to 30 min [emoji457][emoji469][emoji471]
      looker2756 -
      Exact quote from the man in charge.

" I would say 30 but if we run short on time 20 "
      PegLeg -
      Quote Originally Posted by nitrocat View Post
      How long are the mains this year I hope back to 30 min [emoji457][emoji469][emoji471]
      How big is your engine, Mr. 30min Main guy?
      nitrocat -
      28.5 the biggest one that will make 30 min I could get
      And I had to work on the tank to get that time out of it to
      How long will your 320 run 25 min ? I want one for my buggy I'm building if I don't run out of money
      I'm thinking of bringing my trailer out there this year if gasoline stays low so I can bring some oval cars a EDM and I got a sprint car body but I hate to build it looks hard no instructions
      MTMIKE -
      Thought there was a engine size limit of 30.5 at powerjam? Has that changed?
      nitrocat -
      Well that's a up and down thing no one has ever checked or ask us what motor we have
      That's why I want a 30 minute main it stops the big motors because of fuel stop
      It's all a 28.5 reed motor can do
      We won the losi truck class last year and won it on fuel mileage and the mains were 20 min and got 2nd in four wheel drive buggy and both can go much faster than we run with bigger motors
      But break a lot more with them the point is the cars are at there limit with 30.5 and are very fast
      But as for now there's no limit that I know of
      PegLeg -
      Quote Originally Posted by MTMIKE View Post
      Thought there was a engine size limit of 30.5 at powerjam? Has that changed?
      That's a very good point. I'll check with the boss man.
      PegLeg -
      PJ committee will discuss motor size limits and other class rules will be refined over the next few weeks. Going to check with major race organizers from both Left and Right coasts along with our neighbors to the North. I'll post up when it has all been worked out and we'll ask the folks at LargeScaleRC to update the info on their website as well.
      nitrocat -
      Have them rule on what's a 4wd buggy to a truck with a basher body I'm bringing one this year
      They let them run last year and I bought a DBXL for nothing because I was told it was not legal to run them
      PegLeg -
      Have them rule on what's a 4wd buggy to a truck with a basher body I'm bringing one this year
      They let them run last year
      I will make some simple recommendations in that class. Max wheelbase, wing, no truck bumpers and commercially available buggy body/cage will be key for that class.
      I'm not a fan of running a general open-wheel class (like they do on the Left coast) for various reasons. Although, I would like to see the DBXL guys with all the
      other 4WD buggies, so a wing exception may be made for the DBXL racers.
      nitrocat -
      DBXL need a class for them self a stock out of the box class they should be a beginner class or speck class no changes to them and if they have changed motor they run buggy class
      looker2756 -
      The problem you have creating a spec class for one model, then people feel like other models should have the same done for them as well.
      On top of that, there are so many races run on that weekend, that creating another class, just adds more qualifiers, and more mains for that one class.
      I am 100% sure that the directors will do whatever they can to please everyone, but only within the limits of what can be managed in the time alloted for that weekend.
      nitrocat -
      Yes you are right but 1/5 scale needs a starting point not a jump in and crash till it's over place there are very few people at powerjam that have ever raced before
      And most start and break and fix it and breake the next heat and fix it and break and go home never to come back
      You see it every year the ones that have raced the small cars come back
      And where better to set the foundation than at powerjam the biggest race in the world for these cars
      Set the rules others will follow not follow them
      1/5 is lost right now trying to find its way
      Lead by example [emoji469]
      PegLeg -
      DBXL need a class for them self a stock out of the box class they should be a beginner class or speck class no changes to them and if they have changed motor they run buggy class
      I get where you're coming from, but adding another class will be tough to do with the time constraints, not to mention what the weather can do to the race schedule.
      nitrocat -
      Oval Friday and mains sat
      Off-road sat and mains Sunday
      The only over lap is Saturday
      PegLeg -
      Yes you are right but 1/5 scale needs a starting point not a jump in and crash till it's over place there are very few people at powerjam that have ever raced before
      And most start and break and fix it and breake the next heat and fix it and break and go home never to come back
      You see it every year the ones that have raced the small cars come back
      And where better to set the foundation than at powerjam the biggest race in the world for these cars
      Set the rules others will follow not follow them
      1/5 is lost right now trying to find its way
      Lead by example [emoji469]
      I never raced the smaller stuff and when I got started, I came, broke, fixed, swore, drank, threw crap around the place, missed races, etc. I doubt that would have changed much if there was a newb class. I think that's just part of the learning curve. I think the key to keep new folks from leaving the hobby is to have a good, experienced support group to
      help with common issues and preventative measures. I certainly wouldn't still be in it and racing if I felt as though nothing I do seems to help me finish a race. It took a couple of years before I was able to finish races consistently and only had to add gas and change an air filter between them.
      nitrocat -
      My point if a spec class or beginners with a smaller motor you don't break as much
      Look at Canada last year DBXL was almost the biggest class
      And as for you taking a couple of years people that drive 10 hrs won't come back if they don't feel like I got a shot to win
      How far do you live away 2hr
      I only want it to grow and it may be getting smaller so lets do what's right for sport
  • HTML Connect with us!

Join 5th Scale Forum on Facebook!

Follow 5th Scale Forum on Twitter!
  • 5thscale Tag Cloud Random picture from member albums

Rally & Bike 036
    Rally & Bike 036 by looker2756
    image 4
    image 4 by reaper
    close up right side
    close up right side by reaper
    Jetpro Titan
    Jetpro Titan by mradlin