Hello Guest, if you're reading this it means you have not yet registered. Please take a second, Click here to register and in a few simple steps, you will be able to enjoy all the many features of our fine community. Please take a few minutes and introduce yourself in the section for you to meet the members of our community.
To remove these and other advertisements, become a site supporter and donate.
  • Currently Active Users

There are currently 98 users online. 0 members and 98 guests

Most users ever online was 320, 05-11-2013 at 04:53 PM.

• Canadian 5ifth Scale SUPERCROSS Nationals - April 16-19 - Tillsonburg, ON

From the team that brought you the FIFTH SCALE des NATIONS, CANADIAN 5IFTH SCALE NATIONALS, and the ONTARIO FIFTH SCALE OFF-ROAD CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES... We present the Canadian 5ifth Scale SUPERCROSS Nationals!
    ---------------------------
    Canadian 5ifth Scale SUPERCROSS Nationals!
    APRIL 16-19, 2015 - TILLSONBURG, ONTARIO, CANADA
    ---------------------------
    A three-day race extravaganza, plus a bonus optional open practice, test, and tune day... the Canadian 5ifth Scale SUPERCROSS Nationals promise to be the most epic indoor race for Fifth Scale of it's kind!
    Featuring:
    • [li]*** 1/5 2WD Buggy (Pro and Amateur)[/li]
      [li]*** 1/5 4WD Truck (Pro and Amateur)[/li]
      [li]*** 1/5 2WD Truck[/li]
      [li]*** 1/5 4WD Buggy[/li]
      [li]*** 1/5 DBXL Desert Losi[/li]
      [li]*** ...PLUS! The "Saturday Night Dash for Cash:" An 1/8 Scale Nitro Buggy and Truggy Exhibition Race [/li]

Drivers MUST Pre-Register and Pre-Pay prior to March 16th, 2015. Registration through RC Sign-up or Google Form, payment via: Paypal ( scully@joescully.com) by mail: Joe Scully, Box 375, Flesherton, N0C 1E0, or by phone: 416.931.2502. Pre-registration and/or payment received after March 16th will be subject to a $20.00 late fee.

Presented by RC Acres Club at Tillsonburg Indoor MX.

PRE-REGISTER TODAY:
    RCSign-up: http://jscully.tk/supercross
    Google Form: http://jscully.tk/supercrossform
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Canadian 5ifth Scale SUPERCROSS Nationals - April 16-19 - Tillsonburg, ON started by Jscully View original post
    Comments 18 Comments
      Jscully -
      Official Hotel:
      Howard Johnson Tillsonburg
      92 Simcoe St, Tillsonburg, ON N4G 2J1
      Save on your accommodations by Booking your room(s) NOW... Call (519) 842-7366 and request the "RACER RATE" ...
      Get your room(s) for:
      • Double Queen $109
      • Single Queen $99
      This is a reserved block and special rate, available while quantities last.Don't be left out in the cold... Race like a Rockstar.
      mradlin -
      Who's all going to this event?
      5thScaleCanada -
      I know that Selwa is going, it may be too soon for me to go. I'll be racing at RC Acres this summer though.
      nitrocat -
      I'm trying to go if I don't go it won't be for lack of trying and there is a friend who is going to I talked to Scully last night he said 63 people had signed up and they had 70 cars so with my two that's 65 people and 73 cars
      mradlin -
      That's awesome guys!! Sounds like there will be a great turn out.
      5thScaleCanada -
      Maybe I can drive out there with my wife to check it out and snap a vid and pics for the forum...
      mradlin -
      Quote Originally Posted by 5thScaleCanada View Post
      Maybe I can drive out there with my wife to check it out and snap a vid and pics for the forum...
      That would be awesome Brad!!
      5thScaleCanada -
      I just cant afford to race and pay for accommodations and food so it would be a day trip.
      nitrocat -
      Me to my problem is I want to come back for the nationals and there's east coast nationals and power jam all there one right after another
      That's why we quit 1/8 racing there was a big race everywhere every month and the was no time to get back on my feet money wise
      And all it was coasting me was trip and accommodations
      It's only 4 races but it sets me back for way to long my second job has died so I may have to go back to one I don't like doing to make it
      5thScaleCanada -
      After speaking with my wife, Im going race at this event. I'll be fully recovered and able to afford the weekend.
      mradlin -
      Quote Originally Posted by nitrocat View Post
      Me to my problem is I want to come back for the nationals and there's east coast nationals and power jam all there one right after another
      That's why we quit 1/8 racing there was a big race everywhere every month and the was no time to get back on my feet money wise
      And all it was coasting me was trip and accommodations
      It's only 4 races but it sets me back for way to long my second job has died so I may have to go back to one I don't like doing to make it
      It would be nice if there was some scheduling between all the events for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by 5thScaleCanada View Post
      After speaking with my wife, Im going race at this event. I'll be fully recovered and able to afford the weekend.
      That's great news Brad!!
      nitrocat -
      There is scheduling between them the problem is there's not enough summer to go around
      mradlin -
      Quote Originally Posted by nitrocat View Post
      The is scheduling between them the problem is there's not enough summer to go around
      Ah I get it now. LOL. I agree. Summer is TOO short!
      mradlin -
      C'mon guys! Sign up and have some fun racing!! April is coming soon!!
      SELWA -
      Please sign up if you are interested. We need to have enough racers to make this work and put us on the map!!! I'll be there Thursday till Sunday, paid for and room booked!
      j0hnny -

Jscully -
      Congratulations to our 2015 Canadian 5ifth Scale Supercross Nationals Champions!

We recognize:
      2WD Amateur Buggy
      1. Frank Silvernail
      2. Jean Bernard
      3. Mike Heinmiller

2WD Pro Buggy
      1. Adam Borges
      2. Bill Gumbert
      3. Frank Brown

2WD Truck
      1. Bill Gumbert
      2. David Fabrizio
      3. David Gumbert

4WD Amateur Truck A-Main
      1. Garett Rice
      2. Niko Pribojan
      3. Paul Sharp

4WD Amateur Truck B-Main
      1. Adam Borges
      2. Aaron Lee
      3. Todd MacVicar

4WD Amateur Truck C-Main
      1. Mike Rideout
      2. David Rego
      3. Brooke Bothwell

4WD Pro Truck - A-Main
      1. Eric Deschenes
      2. Dakoda A-main Mccullough
      3. Tom Bitz

4WD Pro Truck - B-Main
      1. Jace Layne
      2. Rob Morrison
      3. Tom Norton

4WD Buggy
      1. Justin Silva
      2. Joshua Howell
      3. Paul Sharp

DBXL
      1. Daniel Latour
      2. Joby Springer
      3. Chad Messier

Our thanks to the racers for supporting this event, and for good marshaling and driving over the course of the weekend. Thanks especially to all of those that volunteered over the course of the event with track maintenance, volunteer marshaling or even stapling results.

We appreciate all of our sponsors for standing behind this event as well: MIP Radio Control RC Car Hop-Ups and Tools for the Hobbyist, Venom RC, Atomik RC, Great Planes / Futaba RC, Skycraft Hobbies, the Howard Johnson Tillsonburg and Subway Restaurants Tillsonburg, Ingersoll and Woodstock.

Thanks as well to the Track Build Team: Ken Niles, Hagersville, John Bakker "Chewy", Brooke B. and Scotty.

Additionally we would like to thank Marg and Gary Clinton for operating the Clinton Cookhouse and providing several dinner options over the course of the weekend.

We introduced the new caution lighting system at the Canadian 5ifth Scale Supercross Nationals, and thanks to Dave Presnail for taking the vision and creating a reality.

Lastly, of course, thank you to Gus of RC Acres Club for producing this event. Bigger, Better, Larger, Faster and Like No Other... there were many positives out of this event; for whatever reasons we were 18 racers less than anticipated... but it was their loss. Win, lose, or draw on a 1st Annual edition of this race, those in attendance enjoyed it.

Great race.

8 days and 6 nights of Tillsonburg in the books... and the memories will last forever. Real life is starting to resume for most, and Chewy and Gus' dedication to these two events continue, as they continue to transport equipment out of Tillsonburg. For them, 15 days of... well... Tillsonburg. On behalf of the RC Racing community, thanks gentlemen.

All of the 1/5 Scale weekend results are below in descending order.

*** Canadian 5ifth Scale Supercross Nationals Final Championship Results
      *** *** http://JoeScully.com/rc/Canadian-5if...al-Results.pdf

*** Sunday Mains - Heat Sheets - (Qualifying Positions)
      *** *** http://joescully.com/rc/Sunday-Mains-Web.pdf

*** Saturday Practice and Qualifying Results
      *** *** http://joescully.com/rc/saturday-results-revised4.pdf - REVISED *

*** Saturday's Practice Heat Sheets - (TQ-time Seeding):
      *** *** http://joescully.com/rc/saturday-hea...supercross.pdf

*** Friday Night Open Practice Laps:
      *** *** http://joescully.com/rc/friday-pract...supercross.pdf

*** Friday Controled Practice Results:
      *** *** http://joescully.com/rc/friday-contr...supercross.pdf

*** Thursday Open Practice Laps:
      *** *** http://joescully.com/rc/thursday-pra...supercross.pdf
      mradlin -