Hello Guest, if you're reading this it means you have not yet registered. Please take a second, Click here to register and in a few simple steps, you will be able to enjoy all the many features of our fine community. Please take a few minutes and introduce yourself in the section for you to meet the members of our community.
To remove these and other advertisements, become a site supporter and donate.
  • Currently Active Users

There are currently 45 users online. 0 members and 45 guests

Most users ever online was 320, 05-11-2013 at 03:53 PM.

• MIP 1/5 Scale 54mm Racing Clutch, 8-shoe, #14355

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION:
    LONGER-LASTING, PUNCHIER, LIGHTER, and REBUILDABLE! These four descriptive words embody what MIPís new 1/5th scale clutch is all about. As any well aware and conscientious 1/5 scalier knows, the stock clutch is non-rebuildable, its heavy, loses its edge in the first 15 minutes and fades quickly after, and most of all it takes a long time for the motor to spool up and the clutch to engage properly. With all these downfalls and swapping out $30 clutches every couple heats, it was much past due for a little MIP Magic. With months of direct input from MIPís Engineering and Race Team we have come up with a true racing clutch that is superior to that of the stock clutch. MIPís 1/5th Scale 54mm Racing Clutch hits harder faster, its shoe longevity is vastly improved, and when shoes and springs do wear out, thereís no need to ditch the entire assembly as it is completely rebuildable! Itís not a question as to whether you need this clutch, but rather are you going to have it before your competition does? We welcome you to an all-new 1/5th scale reality; MIPís reality!

TARGET CUSTOMERS:
    1/5th Scale Customers

COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGES: When compared to OEM clutch
    Quicker acceleration
    50% less rotating mass
    Shoe Longevity is vastly improved
    Clutch fade is little to non-existent
    Clutch hits harder faster

FEATURES:
    7075 aluminum construct
    8-Shoe design
    4, 6, or 8 shoe adjustability
    Completely rebuildable
    100% Made in the USA

INCLUDES:
    MIP Confetti Sticker (2), MIP Instructions Sheet (1), SHCS M6 x 16mm Cap Screw (1), BHCS M3 x 6mm Button Head Screw (4), Spring 0-Deg Clutch (8), SHSS M12 X 12mm Set Screw (1), MIP Aluminum Flywheel (1), MIP Clutch retainer Plate (1), MIP Clutch Shoe (8), MIP Blue Thread Gel (1)

REQUIRES TOOLS:
    2.0mm Allen Key Ė #9008 MIP Hex Driver Wrench 2.0mm
    4.0mm Allen Key
    5.0mm Allen Key
    6.0mm Allen Key
    Hook Tool/L-Key (3/32 or smaller)

SUGGESTED TOOLS:
    Flywheel Puller (Suggest: HPI #Z965)
    Piston Stop (Suggest: HPI #Z966)

COMPATIBILITY:
    Engines that except 54mm clutches*, 1/5 Losi 5ive-T 4WD Off-Road Truck (#LOSB0019), Losi 1/5 Desert Buggy (LOS05001), Losi 1/5 MINI WRC 4wd Rally Car RTR (LOS05007), 1/5 Redcat Rampage Series, Zenoah 1/5 scale engines*, Bartolone Racing 1/5 scale engines*, OBR Engines*.

*IMPORTANT: Some engines (usually 32cc and up) vary on backspacing on crankshaft length so if you have had to modify the original clutch backplate to be accepted on an aftermarket engine than the MIP clutch may not be compatible. The dimensions used for the backspacing of the MIP Racing Clutch were based off of the stock Losi 1/5 scale clutch and backplate.

SUPPORT PRODUCTS:
    #14356 MIP 1/5 Scale, 54mm Racing Clutch Shoes (8) MSRP: $65.00 UPC: 691545143569
    #14357 MIP 1/5 Scale, 54mm Racing Clutch Flywheel (1) MSRP: $75.00 UPC: 691545143576
    #14358 MIP 1/5 Scale, 54mm Racing Clutch Retainer Plate (1) MSRP: $15.00 UPC: 691545143583
    #14359 MIP 1/5 Scale, 54mm Racing Clutch Springs (8) MSRP: $15.00 UPC: 691545143590
    #99088 HW-SHCS, M6 x 16mm Cap Screw (4) MSRP: $3.00 UPC: 691545990880
    #99089 HW-SHSS, M12 x 12mm Set Screw (4) MSRP: $4.00 UPC: 691545990897
    #99090 HW-BHCS, M3 x 6mm Button Head Screw (8) MSRP: $3.50 UPC: 691545990903

Safety Data athttp://miponline.com/store/msds.html
    Comments 24 Comments
      nitrocat -
      Looks good but I'll bet the shoes won't hold up till there made out of aluminum
      Why because of the way people over gear these cars
      Then throw in the big motor crowd it does not have a chance
      But the racers may love it thank god I'm a racer
      mradlin -
      I agree, it might not be for everyone, but the adjustments to the clutch that can be made will make it a racers dream for sure.
      noyb98098 -
      Looks like obeast44 will be having something new to install... I'll definitely be giving this a shot. Nice find mrad-
      looker2756 -
      Looks like a good design to me, one proven in the nitro world for years.
      MIP has always brought quality products to the market.
      mradlin -
      Here's a vid of the MIP clutch in action. They are also testing some new shocks and brakes from MIP.

nitrocat -
      Won't load or play [emoji85][emoji23]
      looker2756 -
      I just watched the video.
      Looked like it was working well, and the driver was definitely very good at timing the jumps !
      nitrocat -
      Won't load on tap talk
      mradlin -
      Try it now nitrocat. I used a different link
      nitrocat -
      [emoji23][emoji24]no no no say it ant so
      mradlin -
      I'm not sure why it won't load on tapatalk. I'll see if I can figure it out.
      nitrocat -
      It starts to load but it sits there lost
      nitrocat -
      That was worth the trouble to see I'd love to travel out to their track looks killer
      LightForce -
      Well done. Looks like 1/8 scale buggy style eating those jumps. Is it just the suspension setup or they put that 5ive on diet?.
      nitrocat -
      I think they just worked on the face of the jumps
      But there bypass shock worked good on 1/8 scale cars indoors
      SELWA -
      Very Nice vid. Our Track (RC Acres) is about 3-4 times bigger than that. The MIP clutch looks pretty good for our Buggy conversions as well. They are in the 31lb area. Just wish Horizon would get them soon so I can bring one in.... I use a Elcon clutch and one thing I really like about the MIP is how easy it is to remove it! Eager to see the new brake and shock set ups they have too!
      nitrocat -
      MIP is shipping the clutch out this week to Horzin first and Amain hobbies stormer hobbies and DDM
      Just got the shock of my life the new shock is 32 mm in diameter the Losi ones are 27mm it uses the shock shaft and shock end is about it and I got a price on them to [emoji389][emoji389][emoji389][emoji389] just think of each bundle as 100 dollars
      jmill102980 -
      Wow 4 bills huh hmmmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      PegLeg -
      I just ordered one of these in hopes it could teach me to drive like Matt Olsen. LOL!
      jmill102980 -
      Haha very nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Local Weather

Registered members can see their local weather forcast here.

Click here to register!

• HTML Connect with us!

Join 5th Scale Forum on Facebook!

Follow 5th Scale Forum on Twitter!
  • 5thscale Tag Cloud Random picture from member albums

fg beetle left side
    fg beetle left side by fgmaniac69
    100 0966
    100 0966 by mradlin
    After playing in some snow
    After playing in some snow by mradlin
    Hi all, Heres pictures of my 1/5th scale baja that I built. I built the baja 5bss back in 2008 and its changed a lot since then, Now its called the...
    Hi all, Heres pictures of my 1/5th scale baja that I built. I built the baja 5bss back in 2008 and its changed a lot since then, Now its called the... by rockypro1
    JetPro Hurrax Crypton coupled pipe
    JetPro Hurrax Crypton coupled pipe by mradlin
    More...