Hello Guest, if you're reading this it means you have not yet registered. Please take a second, Click here to register and in a few simple steps, you will be able to enjoy all the many features of our fine community. Please take a few minutes and introduce yourself in the section for you to meet the members of our community.
To remove these and other advertisements, become a site supporter and donate.
  • Currently Active Users

There are currently 117 users online. 0 members and 117 guests

Most users ever online was 320, 05-11-2013 at 04:53 PM.

• New Spektrum Large Scale Servos!

Spektrum has finally set a release date -November 14, 2014- for their new large scale servos. Both are listed at $199.99 MSRP which places them at a price point that will appeal to large scale racers and bashers and they also offer some amazing specs -if you're running a LiPo RX pack... 1. The S9010 1/5 Scale Digital HV Surface Servo (Throttle) (SPMSS9010) Spec_Torque: 485 oz-in (48.6kg-cm) @ 6.0V; 660 oz-in (72kg-cm) @ 8.4V Spec_Speed: 0.15 sec/60 deg @ 6.0V; 0.11 sec/60 deg @ 8.4V 2. The S9020 1/5 Scale Digital HV Surface Servo (Steering) (SPMSS9020) Spec_Torque: 675 oz-in (48.6kg-cm) @ 6.0V; 1000 oz-in (72kg-cm) @ 8.4V Spec_Speed: 0.22 sec/60 deg @ 6.0V; 0.16 sec/60 deg @ 8.4V, at no load As they should be, these are digital, have an improved integrator design that eliminates crowbar effect and reduces heat build-up, waterproof, low profile, have a removable hi-strength servo lead, 2-cell LiPo capable, dual ball bearing, and they are equipped with steel gears.
    URLs: http://www.horizonhobby.com/surface-...e%29-spmss9010 http://www.horizonhobby.com/s9020-1-5-scale-digital-hv-surface-servo-%28steering%29-spmss9020

Comments 8 Comments
      mradlin -
      The amount of torque these servos have is nice!!
      Has anyone tried them?
      nitrocat -
      There not out yet I've had one on back order for a year
      At least hobby shop has not called me that they are in
      mradlin -
      When you get one please let me know how you like it I'm rally curious about it.
      nitrocat -
      What I heard last year was that it was going to fix the steering on the 5ive some people were having and I put one on order and have not heard anything yet
      But I will check on it in a week after the 15 when I go up there to pay on a new 5ive that he had on the shelf and I could not say no to when it said take me home with you
      mradlin -
      From the specs it really sounds like it will do the job. Have you tried getting it from horizon directly?
      nitrocat -
      No they charge to much
      I just got RTR for 1100 from hobby shop the price I got for servo was I think $135 it's not over 145
      mradlin -
      That's a decent price for the servo.
      nitrocat -
      Yes it was they give me a great prices if I pay up before I order
      But on the servo I did not pay because it was not available yet but he went ahead and place it
  • HTML Connect with us!

Join 5th Scale Forum on Facebook!

Follow 5th Scale Forum on Twitter!
  • 5thscale Tag Cloud Random picture from member albums

image 1
    image 1 by reaper
    100 1000
    100 1000 by mradlin
    S8000576
    S8000576 by jimmyb1
    FG MT
    FG MT by VAMPIRE V12