Hello Guest, if you're reading this it means you have not yet registered. Please take a second, Click here to register and in a few simple steps, you will be able to enjoy all the many features of our fine community. Please take a few minutes and introduce yourself in the section for you to meet the members of our community.
To remove these and other advertisements, become a site supporter and donate.
  • Currently Active Users

There are currently 92 users online. 0 members and 92 guests

Most users ever online was 320, 05-11-2013 at 03:53 PM.

• Hitec HS-900SGS High Voltage Giant Speed Servo Conversion Kit for Losi 5ive

Team Losi 5IVE-T Big Hitec Servo Conversion

Here to address the most crippling trait of the Losi 5IVE is a collaborative effort from some of the biggest names in large scale products. DDM, Hitec, Turtle Racing, and Killer RC all worked together to provide the answer that Losi 5IVE owners have been asking for. The centerpiece is the huge Hitec HS-900SGS servo with over 1200 oz. of torque at 14.8 volts. With a complete aluminum EMI shielding case, and solid steel gears this brute has what it takes to swing your wheels with authority. Requiring only slight trimming on your stock radio tray; a set of Turtle Racing machined servo mounts use existing hardware and chassis holes to harness the HS-900SGS. A newly designed CNC machined servo horn tops off what is needed for mounting. Powering the servo is a 4S1P Killer RC 3600 Mah 14.8v LiPo battery that is a direct fit for the stock radio box providing lasting and consistent power. Killer RC also completes the electronic needs with an all new voltage regulator with a pass through for powering the servo as well as supplying the receiver and throttle/brake servo with either 6V or 8V via dip switch. All needed items for installation are included. This is the most complete and refined steering solution for the Losi 5IVE.

The extreme power and durability of the HS-900SGT is astounding. Designed from the ground up for industrial applications, these servos are the perfect answer for demanding giant scale aircraft pilots and 1/5th scale buggy and truggy drivers. Featuring all aluminum, EMI-shielded cases, solid steel gears and non-programmable digital circuits, these servos can take a beating while delivering precise performance. Designed to operate on 3 and 4-cell LiPo batteries.

View Installation Instructions Here:http://www.killerrc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1092&p=3222#p3222

Comments 13 Comments
      cordy -
      Pricy,but I guess not really when you add up the cost of the duel servo set up.$200 for a servo tray,$234 for two servos.Your getting twice the torque for roughly $124 more.So one has to get over sticker schock if steering is that important,guess it would be for deadicated raceing. Just my ho.
      mradlin -
      You bring up some good points Cordy. Has anyone here used this setup yet?
      mooman007uk -
      over 500 bucks, i'm sorry but that is a ridiculous price..1/3rd the cost of the car! or half if you buy a roller...crazy
      you can make a twin servo radio tray in about 30mins, buy a 6000mah 2s lipo from hobbyking for $50 so you can beef up the steering for about $230
      allanach -
      7.4 lipo hard case fire proof battery 6000mah less than $30 bucks
      Turnigy 6000mAh 2S2P 7.4v 25C hardcase pack

this setup is on the pricy side.
      SELWA -
      Yes pricey, A new Tonegawa is $250 and used go for around $120 in the UK. Making a tray is easy and you can use a 7.4V without needing a regulator too.
      PegLeg -
      Quote Originally Posted by mradlin View Post
      You bring up some good points Cordy. Has anyone here used this setup yet?
      Not me, but a close friend with whom I race has one. It really does a very nice job in a Losi. Still too pricey for me, so I'll be giving the Tonegawa a try when Hitec stops replacing my twin 5765's. Likely not until winter though.
      mradlin -
      Quote Originally Posted by PegLeg View Post

Not me, but a close friend with whom I race has one. It really does a very nice job in a Losi. Still too pricey for me, so I'll be giving the Tonegawa a try when Hitec stops replacing my twin 5765's. Likely not until winter though.
      Very cool! I hope to read about the steering upgrade you go with.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
      TeK3030 -
      I got one. It's pretty crazy to see it bite through the corners. I feel like I have to re-learn how to drive with it.
      mradlin -
      How did it change the steering for you Tek?
      mooman007uk -
      Quote Originally Posted by allanach View Post
      7.4 lipo hard case fire proof battery 6000mah less than $30 bucks
      Turnigy 6000mAh 2S2P 7.4v 25C hardcase pack

this setup is on the pricy side.
      i was looking at the nano tech and included shipping, but i like the hardcase, good for butterfingers like me i dropped my 10amp 2s and fortunately for me the floor was wood and it never split a cell
      rager33 -
      the sad thing is it is not necessary you can fix the steering for under 1$. everyone thinks you need a stronger servo but that is just a bandaid. the root cuase is the 4 set screws that keep the king pins from coming out. set the truck on blocks so that the wheels are off the ground. now disconect the steering arm from the servo & try to move it you will find it is very stiff. now just above & below the axle on the spindle you will see a hole this is the set screw that retains the king pin there is 2 on each side back them off 2 turns. now move the steering arm it should move real easy now. the pin is ment to be full floating the set screw should not be touching it. the set screw should only be far enough in the spendle to line up in the slot in the pin so it can't come out. but I have found that after running the truck(usually after 1 to 3 tanks)the set screw works its way in & hits the pin & binds the spindle. the fix is replace set screws with cap screw. the trick is to get the length right you need the screw to go into the slot but not hit the pin. I did this over 1 year ago i think I used a 6/32 x 1/2 screw. I have done this on 4 trucks about a year ago 2 of them runing stock servo 1 runing high tech hs 5805 mg & 1 running 2 high techs dark soul set up. boy was he pissed when he found out 4 screws fixed his fadeing problem. he has gone back to single servo setup. anyway all trucks runng fine with no steering problems.
      SELWA -
      Quote Originally Posted by rager33 View Post
      the sad thing is it is not necessary you can fix the steering for under 1$. everyone thinks you need a stronger servo but that is just a bandaid. the root cuase is the 4 set screws that keep the king pins from coming out. set the truck on blocks so that the wheels are off the ground. now disconect the steering arm from the servo & try to move it you will find it is very stiff. now just above & below the axle on the spindle you will see a hole this is the set screw that retains the king pin there is 2 on each side back them off 2 turns. now move the steering arm it should move real easy now. the pin is ment to be full floating the set screw should not be touching it. the set screw should only be far enough in the spendle to line up in the slot in the pin so it can't come out. but I have found that after running the truck(usually after 1 to 3 tanks)the set screw works its way in & hits the pin & binds the spindle. the fix is replace set screws with cap screw. the trick is to get the length right you need the screw to go into the slot but not hit the pin. I did this over 1 year ago i think I used a 6/32 x 1/2 screw. I have done this on 4 trucks about a year ago 2 of them runing stock servo 1 runing high tech hs 5805 mg & 1 running 2 high techs dark soul set up. boy was he pissed when he found out 4 screws fixed his fadeing problem. he has gone back to single servo setup. anyway all trucks runng fine with no steering problems.
      Nice find!! With my own Tonegawa set up and being a OC Baja buggy chassis I think I'll have the same steering servo forever!!!
      mradlin -
      That's a great find rager!!
      Thanks for the info.
  • HTML Connect with us!

Join 5th Scale Forum on Facebook!

Follow 5th Scale Forum on Twitter!
  • 5thscale Tag Cloud Random picture from member albums

10 by Alain
    slashslayerdesertrat011
    slashslayerdesertrat011 by VICTORY-RC
    King Motor Aluminum wheels (rears)
    King Motor Aluminum wheels (rears) by XBENOOB