Hello Guest, if you're reading this it means you have not yet registered. Please take a second, Click here to register and in a few simple steps, you will be able to enjoy all the many features of our fine community. Please take a few minutes and introduce yourself in the section for you to meet the members of our community.
To remove these and other advertisements, become a site supporter and donate.
  • Currently Active Users

There are currently 112 users online. 0 members and 112 guests

Most users ever online was 320, 05-11-2013 at 04:53 PM.

• Losi Racing 5IVE-T 1/5 Scale Roller!

Losi Racing 5IVE-T Roller LOSB0024

Bigger. Faster. Stronger. Customizable. The 1/5-scale Losi 5IVE-T 4WD Off-Road Racing Truck Roller is the closest thing to a full-size vehicle in realism, performance, experience and customization. This version of the 5IVE-T includes all the components that have made the 5IVE-T iconic with the exception of electronics and an engine. This is the ideal vehicle for drivers who prefer to choose their own destiny by choosing their own engine, servos, and radio equipment.

LARGE-BORE SHOCKS WITH 7MM SHAFTS & THREADED ADJUSTERS

1. 5MM CHASSIS WITH CNC MACHINING FOR STRENGTH AND LESS WEIGHT
    2. ADJUSTABLE BIAS DUAL-DISK BRAKING SYSTEM
    3. A FULLY ADJUSTABLE SERVO SAVER
    4. EXTRA-LARGE 800CC FUEL TANK
    5. THREE TUNABLE SEALED VISCOUS DIFFERENTIALS
    6. MULTI-PIECE BEAD LOCK OFF-ROAD WHEELS
    7. IMPACT ABSORBING BUMPERS
    8. INNOVATIVE SEALED CLUTCH MOUNT WITH COOLING FINS
    9. CV DRIVESHAFTS USED THROUGHUT

Losi LOSB0024 5IVE-T Roller
    Comments 12 Comments
      cordy -
      I think it`s great losi came out with this.Now we have afordable donor for the buggy conversion.
      SELWA -
      Quote Originally Posted by cordy View Post
      I think it`s great losi came out with this.Now we have afordable donor for the buggy conversion.
      I agree!!! Having my Losi that's less than 30lbs and smaller is great!!
      mooman007uk -
      looks like they will be sending them out on 28/5/13
      Obeast44 -
      A Losi 5ive is a solid truck, and at $1100 for a roller is definitely the way to go. Its built like a tank, drives great out of the box and the body is super solid. My main gripes about it, and the reasons I sold mine, were the starting, steering and Reed motor issues.
      The biggest flaw in the truck, is that front dogbone being at such an angle. It generates enough heat to "blue" the pin. Witht hat much heat being right next to the steering servo, and the fact the Losi weighs 35+ lbs, leads to steering servo failure. At Powerjam last year I toasted 3 servos, and that is being as gentle as I could on them after the first failure. One servo got so hot from the dogbone, it had started melting the outside of the case.
      Starting the truck was more of an annoyance than a major issue. With my large hands and the rollcage built into the body, I couldn't reach the pullstart. To start it required removing the 4 body clips and the 4 bolts that go up through the side pods. Then after those bolts were removed I had to be extra careful not to rip the air filter apart when removing/replacing the body. The reed motor pushed the air filter into the cage causing severe fitment issues. So every time I fired it up I had to remove the body, start it then replace the body while it was idling. Needless to say it was a pain in the ass. Yes I know a non reed motor would have been much easier but after dropping $800 on it, I was not about to not use it! I am sure most users wouldn't have these issues, but I did and that was a contributing factor in me not keeping the truck.
      LightForce -
      Quote Originally Posted by Obeast44 View Post
      A Losi 5ive is a solid truck, and at $1100 for a roller is definitely the way to go. Its built like a tank, drives great out of the box and the body is super solid. My main gripes about it, and the reasons I sold mine, were the starting, steering and Reed motor issues.
      The biggest flaw in the truck, is that front dogbone being at such an angle. It generates enough heat to "blue" the pin. Witht hat much heat being right next to the steering servo, and the fact the Losi weighs 35+ lbs, leads to steering servo failure. At Powerjam last year I toasted 3 servos, and that is being as gentle as I could on them after the first failure. One servo got so hot from the dogbone, it had started melting the outside of the case.
      Starting the truck was more of an annoyance than a major issue. With my large hands and the rollcage built into the body, I couldn't reach the pullstart. To start it required removing the 4 body clips and the 4 bolts that go up through the side pods. Then after those bolts were removed I had to be extra careful not to rip the air filter apart when removing/replacing the body. The reed motor pushed the air filter into the cage causing severe fitment issues. So every time I fired it up I had to remove the body, start it then replace the body while it was idling. Needless to say it was a pain in the ass. Yes I know a non reed motor would have been much easier but after dropping $800 on it, I was not about to not use it! I am sure most users wouldn't have these issues, but I did and that was a contributing factor in me not keeping the truck.
      Stock steering servo which is Savox 235 works for a while with properly set end points then some of the wires come loose inside and needs to be solderd again, Hitec 5755 which all of us upgrade on our cars works for several months plus dual servo which lasts forever...
      Drivetrain is tough and almost perfect , front driveshaft needs boot or chain lube.
      We have several guys running TS reeds, OBR reeds and other engines , all are ok to start without removing the cage or the body.
      My only complain about the losi is they are too easy to drive , and I think I solved this problem lately with heavy diff 125k. oils or center locker.
      Obeast44 -
      My stock steering servo lasted a few months of easy running just getting it dialed in for Powerjam, a new Hitec 5755 lasted about 1hr run time and then Whittron loaned me a barely used Futaba servo from a Baja that didn't last long either. Thanks again Whitt!
      All endpoints were set very conservative but they still ended up failing. I spoke to John Schultz and another gentleman from Losi about it and ironically he blamed it on the Spektrum radio. If the Buggy conversion had been available when I initially purchased mine I would have probably Buggy-ized it. Unfortunately it wasn't and I didn't wanna spend that kind of change and then try and sell a used body, chassis, wheels/tires to recoup some of it. Either way, its a good truck, just wasn't for me.
      LightForce -
      I dont have problems with servos hitecs on steering last me usually atleast 3 months , which is ok . But I have problems with engines usually 10-15 tanks of race time and they are toast must be the weight of losi plus full throttle drift runs thru the corners etc. Try the buggy its more difficult to run but I like it better.AJA chassis and body is the same cost as selling parts of T roller chassis body and cage.
      mooman007uk -
      why does everyone think the losi at 37lbs is heavy...lighter isn't always better and the losi"s great handling has a lot to do with weight...there is a fine line between too light, just right and too heavy...
      also it's 25% bigger than most 5ths so would be expected to weigh a bit more

an example F1 cars are less than 600kg, however they would not handle worth a shit or get any traction if it were not for downforce that can load them up so they weigh 2tonnes...nearly all race cars rely on downforce for corner speed/traction..which is essentially adding weight...now if they weighed 2 t to begin with obviously they would not move...but i hope you can see where i am coming from. light weight without traction is not going to be faster than a slightly heavier car that can find traction

i never had an issue with engines in heavy rigs..rampig weighs 44lb, my pyrad 37lbs and neither had any premature engine issues

we have 1 losi here that is still running a stock steering servo and is fine...the other is running dual 5755's after the savox cooked itself...neither has any noticeable bluing, galling or anything else on the front driveshaft
      both run vertigo centre lockers

seeing as i can't keep up with them with my pyrad it's time for me to grab a roller
      Obeast44 -
      Don't think I'm saying the Losi is trash guys. Like I said previously, currently, it is just about the best large scale that can be bought. Out of the box performance is great and the truck handles like a wet dream on a dry day. The quirks, just weren't for me.
      mooman007uk -
      i agree, a little more tweaking to address the centre diff positio, steering geometry steers one way more than the other and has poor leverage..couple of other niggles but it is a capable and robust rc that doesn't seem to need constant wrenching in the pits...and it is stupid easy to work on
      Obeast44 -
      If both the front and rear diff inputs were on the same side of the chassis would help. They use the same cases so the front diffs input is on the "driver's" side while the rears is on the "passenger" side. That creates a fairly severe angle on that front shaft, far worse than the ones in the suspension. Not to mention that center shaft is spinning, I forget the exact ratio, what 3 times faster? That is a considerable amount of friction/heat. I look forward to seeing what you can come up with Moo
      mooman007uk -
      revised availability date of 7th June
  • HTML Connect with us!

Join 5th Scale Forum on Facebook!

Follow 5th Scale Forum on Twitter!
  • 5thscale Tag Cloud Random picture from member albums

pist bash 023
    pist bash 023 by Clubin
    finnished left side
    finnished left side by reaper
    !!!!
    !!!! by Trip..