Hello Guest, if you're reading this it means you have not yet registered. Please take a second, Click here to register and in a few simple steps, you will be able to enjoy all the many features of our fine community. Please take a few minutes and introduce yourself in the section for you to meet the members of our community.
To remove these and other advertisements, become a site supporter and donate.
  • Currently Active Users

There are currently 97 users online. 0 members and 97 guests

Most users ever online was 320, 05-11-2013 at 04:53 PM.

• Vampire Racing Servos!

Looks like there is another new set of servo's on the block...

"Vampire Racing will come up with their own range of high-performance servos called Viral. The line will include the Viral 2207 Ultra-Speed (0.07s(22.0kg-cm) and Viral 3711 Ultra-Torque (0.11s/37.0kg) servo, both are high voltage compatible items with dual ball bearings, machined aluminum case, full metal gears."

Comments 19 Comments
      mooman007uk -
      all these new servos are good but are any of these guys going to make 1/4scale ones?
      noyb98098 -
      I was thinking the same Moo.. Seems Hitec (5755) has the market locked up..
      allanach -
      Quote Originally Posted by mooman007uk View Post
      all these new servos are good but are any of these guys going to make 1/4scale ones?
      That's a great question.
      I'm reluctant to buying the 1/4 Hitec servos (even though they offer great customer service) and buy the multiplex ones from overseas.
      noyb98098 -
      Allanch, isn't the rhino the same as the hitech 5755? Or 2 different servo's?
      mooman007uk -
      exact same other than case colour...same case, motor, board, gears, built in same factory...hitec own multiplex
      i run both...literally... as two of my current servos in use are rhitec's why spend 20bucks more for a red case?
      allanach -
      Guys, I run the high voltage titanium geared servos for throttle brake:

Servo TITAN THV digi 5 HIGH SPEED (#65151)

And what about the High voltage steering servo:

Servo RHINO pro HV digi 4 (#65154)

What are the equivilent Hitec part numbers to these?

Keep in mind I have dissasembled the Hitec servos and on some cases Rhino is moulded on the inside however the electrics and gears look different.

Also I thought Hitec purchased the USA division of Multipex only...... not the rest of the world?

Happy to be corrected if I'm wrong.
      noyb98098 -
      Hey Allanach, aren't these the Hitec equivalent?

Hitec HS-M7990TH Throttle Servo ht189

Hitec High-Voltage Mega Torque HS-7950TH Digital Throttle Servo w/ Titanium Gears ht217

for steering:

Hitec HS-5765MH HV Digital Metal Gear Giant ht357

old one

Hitec 5755MG (Rhino) Digital Steering ht199

Not sure about the who purchased who part, maybe Moo can chime in on that part?
      allanach -
      Len,

Go through the specs big fella.

The multiplex servos are different in every way (torque / weight / size / speed etc).

The smaller titanium brake throttle servos are much cheaper than the ones you linked me to in your post.

The big quater scale servos in Multoplex are twice as fast as the ones you posted.

Mate, I don't know where you get the idea that they are all the same?

I guess it's like me comparing the quality of a Hurrax and a redcat!!!!!

(you know where I'm going with this).
      noyb98098 -
      LOL @ redcat\hurrax.. Color me corrected then , I've always heard that the 5755MG was the exact same as the Rhino even DDM considered them the same as show here :

Vampire Racing Servos!

So that's where the idea came that they were the same! DDM Said so! As did most of the rc folks I've spoken too like Moo etc.. Maybe it's a North American thing?? Then there is the price fact 150$, (7950) 188$ (Rhino),and 200$ (7990)for a throttle servo?? That's a bit rich to me for .001 ms difference @40 degrees and .2ms difference at this this voltage and if you flip the rhino a certain way you can open a hole in the time space continuum which will allow the rhino equipped car to win every race, etc etc.... J\K!! I couldn't resist.. hehe You know I have to give you a hard time Dave..
      mooman007uk -
      hitec own multiplex.period..they bought them out a few years ago...lock stock and smoking barrel...why you think hitec now do chargers and planes? multiplex is why.

this has been beat to death on every forum i go on..the discrepancy in figures comes from the way usa and euro convert them...if you don't believe me please contact hitec.
      the new hv 7.4 v servos are same.
      hitec were going to completely nex rhino but as a marketing ploy they kept em in europe where they can charge more money...now if you like paying more money for the same thing then go right ahead, i'll keep buying the same thing for less.
      like i said i've had many of these apart, same case, gears, motor and 5745 board (yup the digi4, 5755 share the hitec 5745 board)...open up your rhino and check your board...then tell me they are different
      mooman007uk -
      also..check multiplex contact address and hitec's

both are same street address in California and ph number
      allanach -
      Len, I have seen that picture you posted and if you strip down both servos you will find they both have "Rhino" moulded into the casing, However I did notice that the Rhino servo used a combination of Brass and steel gears where the Hitec servo used steel gears only.

Moo, it's plausable that the specs are lost in translation hence why they are different.

I'm going to send them an email to and I'll ask them if they can provide the Hitec / Multiplex part number equals.

In another thread I mentioned I had problems with a couple of Hitecs, this has been my luck with all Hitecs I've owned but again the customer service is the best around.

Watch this space.
      noyb98098 -
      I'm watching this space and it has been empty... Does this mean you accept that you have re-branded Hitec's (aka Rhino's) on your car?
      allanach -
      Ha ha ha, waiting for a response.

Keep your shirt on
      noyb98098 -
      Quote Originally Posted by allanach View Post
      Ha ha ha, waiting for a response.

Keep your shirt on

Hehehehe... Ok Ok..
      allanach -
      Okay, we have a verdict.

I asked a series of questions to the Hitec service department (excellent service by the way) and here is what I know.

Multiplex and Hitec servos are exactly the same apart from the colour.

Mutliplex and Hitec are two different companies but owned by the same person.

Multiplex TITAN THV digi 5 HIGH SPEED - HS-7940TH - Hitec RCD

multiplex RHINO pro HV digi 4 - HS-5765MH - Hitec RCD

Len, here is the part you and Moo are interested in the most!!!!!
      I was wrong....... and you guys were right.
      Don't mind admitting it when I'm wrong (which isn't very often).....lol.

BTW..... light weight race cars are better than heavy ones!
      noyb98098 -
      Quote Originally Posted by allanach View Post
      Okay, we have a verdict.

I asked a series of questions to the Hitec service department (excellent service by the way) and here is what I know.

Multiplex and Hitec servos are exactly the same apart from the colour.

Mutliplex and Hitec are two different companies but owned by the same person.

Multiplex TITAN THV digi 5 HIGH SPEED - HS-7940TH - Hitec RCD

multiplex RHINO pro HV digi 4 - HS-5765MH - Hitec RCD

Len, here is the part you and Moo are interested in the most!!!!!
      I was wrong....... and you guys were right.
      Don't mind admitting it when I'm wrong (which isn't very often).....lol.

BTW..... light weight race cars are better than heavy ones!
      Well, I'm glad it's sorted... It's a big boy forum after all. We can all admit when we are wrong (once in a blue moon )..
      mooman007uk -
      now you're a believer i'll let you into another not so secret...hobbico servos are also rebadged hitecs, but cheaper...the hitec 7955tg and hobbico cs170 are exact same but hobbico is 25bucks less...i've 2 of the hobbicos and can't fault them, fast and powerful
      allanach -
      I never suspected that Moo.
      Very interesting.
  • HTML Connect with us!

Join 5th Scale Forum on Facebook!

Follow 5th Scale Forum on Twitter!
  • 5thscale Tag Cloud Random picture from member albums

FG my Bummer 010
    FG my Bummer 010 by Trip..
    JetPro Hurrax Crypton coupled pipe
    JetPro Hurrax Crypton coupled pipe by mradlin
    NMT Beetle body 2 001