Hello Guest, if you're reading this it means you have not yet registered. Please take a second, Click here to register and in a few simple steps, you will be able to enjoy all the many features of our fine community. Please take a few minutes and introduce yourself in the section for you to meet the members of our community.
To remove these and other advertisements, become a site supporter and donate.
  • Currently Active Users

There are currently 121 users online. 0 members and 121 guests

Most users ever online was 320, 05-11-2013 at 04:53 PM.

• Open Hobby

Looks like there is a new player in town on the RC front.. Open Hobby which is based in South Korea has announced a new surface remote and charger for the ground based RC user. These are only a couple of items that Open Hobby will begin to offer.

The vertical based charger which comes with 2-ports and has a touch screen interface is called the Zenith. Along with that, the 4-Channel SJPROPO TS-4 transmitter is 2.4ghz and has a touch screen interface as well as dropped style steering wheel.
    Comments 14 Comments
      allanach -
      At first glance I notice the colour screens, looks awesome.
      racetruck -
      they look good
      noyb98098 -
      Yeah they do.. I for sure will be giving them a go.. Looks like some of the stuff I work with at the office!
      mradlin -
      That looks really nice!!!
      Who's going to be first to try it out?
      mooman007uk -
      be interesting to see what system they are using....ie.fasst, beta etc and see the rest of the blurb
      since we got our smart phones everything is going touch screen nowadays....nice
      wish nomadio would sell the rights to their react system and someone put it in a radio like this...

price?
      noyb98098 -
      Quote Originally Posted by mradlin View Post
      That looks really nice!!!
      Who's going to be first to try it out?
      I'm definitely going to give it a go! Hopefully they come out before PowerJam so I can give them a good going over.

Quote Originally Posted by mooman007uk View Post
      be interesting to see what system they are using....ie.fasst, beta etc and see the rest of the blurb
      since we got our smart phones everything is going touch screen nowadays....nice
      wish nomadio would sell the rights to their react system and someone put it in a radio like this...

price?
      No word on price yet, I'll be keeping a look out though.
      mooman007uk -
      i looked on their website...coming soon is all it says
      5thScaleCanada -
      on my wishlist for sure.
      Stegy -
      It's about time radios get better software and windows/android/ios connectivity..
      mooman007uk -
      i agree, my tiny hero3 has bluetooth so i can watch what it sees in real time...if they can do it in a tiny box then with all the space in a handset we should have wifi, bluetooth, touchscreen, transponder link etc....maybe this is the one to bring it on
      FancyPants -
      I would jump on this before apple trys to sue them for making it look like their iPhone
      mooman007uk -
      apple tried that with htc and samsung...can't have worked as they're still making smart phones....and apple probably buys their screens from samsung anyhow
      i see spekky have just released the dx4s, no touch screen though...
      racetruck -
      yes samsung makes the chips for apple if samsung pulled there chips apple would be screwed for awhile. i would like to see one of these radios up close
      noyb98098 -
      Looks like it's getting close to release..

Article: Open Hobby
  • HTML Connect with us!

Join 5th Scale Forum on Facebook!

Follow 5th Scale Forum on Twitter!
  • 5thscale Tag Cloud Random picture from member albums

DSCN3247
    DSCN3247 by Vokal
    JetPro Hurrax Crypton coupled pipe
    JetPro Hurrax Crypton coupled pipe by mradlin
    Rally & Bike 002
    Rally & Bike 002 by looker2756
    Naked Beetle