Hello Guest, if you're reading this it means you have not yet registered. Please take a second, Click here to register and in a few simple steps, you will be able to enjoy all the many features of our fine community. Please take a few minutes and introduce yourself in the section for you to meet the members of our community.
To remove these and other advertisements, become a site supporter and donate.
  • Currently Active Users

There are currently 50 users online. 0 members and 50 guests

Most users ever online was 320, 05-11-2013 at 03:53 PM.

• Ferox FX 2WD First Pic's!

Seems Hendrick is taking his time with getting this 2WD version complete, along with finishing up the Ferox FX 4WD Mark II. So far it's looking really good (for a 2wd car). Maybe it'll give those Elcons and Hormanns a run for their money..

Rear uprights

Front Chassis brace
    Comments 18 Comments
      allanach -
      Nice looking rig, A new set of tires and pipe would have been the way to go for the photos though.
      noyb98098 -
      Yeah... Not sure why he didnt do that.. None the less, I was thinking the same..
      Onno -
      The pics are rather old, if not more than a year. Unfortunately Hendrik had to quit his shop RC-Tune and quited the Ferox brand and is going 100% ahead with his normal work/business. Let's hope someone will pick up on his brand Ferox and give it a 2nd life.
      noyb98098 -
      Interesting, these pic's were posted on rc-tune forum in March 2 2012? While that may be old for you, a lot of us do not have complete exposure to the European\German large scale scene until after the fact. Hendrick's site has always been slow (in the amount of recent post), but I didn't see where he closed up shop though. Sorry to hear that..
      noyb98098 -
      Just heard back for Hendrick directly, he's still selling parts for the Ferox FX and has not "quit" the Ferox project entirely but is instead looking for someone to take over. It sounds like a good opportunity for someone looking to get this brand really moving..
      allanach -
      Wonder if 'Grantor" has seen this?

Would be right up his alley.
      noyb98098 -
      Yeah, I pinged him already...
      Onno -
      Yes Hendrik announced the sad news officialy through the forum and FB i think 3 weeks ago. It was already some time rumours went round.
      It would be great if someone would pick up on the Ferox projects, the more makes the better for the hobby in general.
      brad dawson -
      At the end of the day you would just buy a FG wouldn't you
      Onno -
      Nope wouldn't Brad, not if it was 4WD. The 2WD is worth thinking over but their 4WD is IMO not the way forward with the belt drive. Then rather the mcd or losi if you ask me.
      brad dawson -
      never actually heard of a real racer ( some one that properly maintains/ cleans their car) have a problem with a drive belt in a leopard 4
      mine is 10 months old
      i imagine it will be due for a new one soon

agreed it does take a bit of power to turn due to the belt drive
      mooman007uk -
      biggest fail i can see with the belt drive, for the euro scene at least, is lack of a centre diff...gotta hurt lap times when running on astro-turf/high grip tracks
      brad dawson -
      Quote Originally Posted by mooman007uk View Post
      biggest fail i can see with the belt drive, for the euro scene at least, is lack of a centre diff...gotta hurt lap times when running on astro-turf/high grip tracks
      not really when you look at the huge range of diffs you have to select from FG to run in both the front or back
      there are also aftermarket items to purchase also
      Onno -
      on the contrary mooman007uk.
      Running no center dif helps speed and sets a faster lap time.
      A center dif does not help speed. In fact I know national and international pilots are throwing a hand full of screws in their center dif at races simply to fully lock it. Center dif makes the car more forgiving and easier to drive, but not faster. Power with a center dif goes to the wheel that is in the air or makes the wheel spin which has less grip. Without a center dif you still go forward when 1 wheel would be in the air.
      Grantor -
      Here here.... Onno!
      Onno -
      And I wasn't even having a beer Grantor ..

On topic again as the belt and dif talk does not belong to the thread actualy .
      It is nice to see people oversea jump into a new challenge and that the brand Ferox did not get forgotten and lost.
      And I am sure with the back-up from Hendrik with the experiences gathered over the years, something beautifull can grow.
      Good luck guys and bring the re-born car to the race tracks once its ready.
      The more the merrier !
      Hor Mann -
      I actually really like the Ferox design..
      Hopefully it can be refined now, into a worthwhile contender.
      noyb98098 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Hor Mann View Post
      I actually really like the Ferox design..
      Hopefully it can be refined now, into a worthwhile contender.
      Don't worry Hor Mann, they'll be ready for track!
  • Local Weather

Registered members can see their local weather forcast here.

Click here to register!

• HTML Connect with us!

Join 5th Scale Forum on Facebook!

Follow 5th Scale Forum on Twitter!
  • 5thscale Tag Cloud Random picture from member albums

FG Hydraulic brake kit FG09438
    FG Hydraulic brake kit FG09438 by mradlin
    trophy time
    trophy time by rob64n
    New, Out of the Box
    New, Out of the Box by Malbrosia
    HPI Baja 5T