Hello Guest, if you're reading this it means you have not yet registered. Please take a second, Click here to register and in a few simple steps, you will be able to enjoy all the many features of our fine community. Please take a few minutes and introduce yourself in the section for you to meet the members of our community.
To remove these and other advertisements, become a site supporter and donate.
  • Currently Active Users

There are currently 99 users online. 0 members and 99 guests

Most users ever online was 320, 05-11-2013 at 04:53 PM.

• Another 1\5 Buggy from France?

It appears that Model Concept France was working on a few different types of 2WD and 4WD buggy's (aside from the CrossOver currently being sold) that are still in the development stage (From 2010). Here's what we found..

The car is almost totally composed of carbon, titanium, and aluminum.

The front hubs allow for the use of either Elcon airbrakes or Megatech Hydraulic

Information is still coming out about the 4WD version dubbed the "Cross Over Quattro"

Check back next month as we try to get more details on this potentially new 2WD\4WD platform from Model Concept France.
    Comments 5 Comments
      stephane -
      I will see if I can for additional info in french on this and will translate.
      noyb98098 -
      That would be great stephane.. Thanks!
      stephane -
      I went to their site which can be translated into English (google chrome) so I guess I am not adding much value at this point. It feels like they are into machining parts in low volume. I assume if someone is interested in their model which is a 4x2 you should most likely live nearby for parts. They are planning on an electric version of the buggy. There is a video of a on road electric 1/5th scale that was quite interesting to watch (0 to 60 under 3 seconds). Here is the link of the video:
      They do mention a 4x4 version but no dates or real details. The price for their current model, the crossover is at around $2300 as a rolling chassis.
      I am not sure how much they update their site but it looks like it was kind of old info (the post about the crossover anyways).
      Looks like there are no plastic parts involved but rather titanium, aluminium etc... The gas version can be converted to electric with their kit that allows 3 types of motors (Lehner, Castle and Neu).
      The kit: http://www.modelconcept.fr/wp-conten...65-300x190.jpg
      http://www.modelconcept.fr/wp-conten...61-300x200.jpg

They also have this funky prototype of a 6 wheel gas truck (also 1/5th scale)http://www.modelconcept.fr/wp-conten...27-300x208.jpg
      noyb98098 -
      Thanks for the info stephane! I've heard about the electric stuff before but never knew they had a 6 wheel gas truck..lol
      allanach -
      6 wheeler looks interesting but I'm not a fan of battery powered large scale cars.

Each to their own I guess.
  • HTML Connect with us!

Join 5th Scale Forum on Facebook!

Follow 5th Scale Forum on Twitter!
  • 5thscale Tag Cloud Random picture from member albums

silver003
    silver003 by VICTORY-RC
    2 by Alain
    13 by Alain
    My RC Stuff 030
    My RC Stuff 030 by katsumushi
    FG Leopard installing Killer Bee kill switch